Current time: 04/05/2024, 06:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(19/06/2016 07:11)wirralbus Wrote:  At one point people where saying that GHA was going to be the next big player in North East Wales and Cheshire , the more I hear now , the more I think it will become a takeover target in its own right , but who by we all wonder .

Given the size of the operation I've thought for a while some larger companies could be interested in buying the operator. There's been rumours Stagecoach are interested in buying GHA and while people make a valid point that GHA have routes Stagecoach probably wouldn't be interested in, they could do a Yorkshire Traction style takeover whereby they purchased the company for it's Sheffield and South Yorkshire area operations and then sold off the Huddersfield and West Yorkshire operations to a Centrebus/Arriva consortium. It also allowed them to do a fleet reorganisation to get the buses they wanted to keep based in Barnsley and the ones they wanted to off-load based in Huddersfield.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 19/06/2016 10:03

User(s) browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)