Current time: 23/05/2024, 09:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
GHA have been fined for a breach of Health and Safety according to this article

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/06/2016 16:03)T42 PVM Wrote:  GHA have been fined for a breach of Health and Safety according to this article

Original article here for those not wanting to read a screenshot taking on a mobile: http://press.hse.gov.uk/2016/company-fin...ailings-3/
Find all posts by this user
Seems to be one thing after another with GHA latley...

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I think the article sums things up really. They carnt be bothered to maintain the equipment needed to maintain the buses...... Need we say more
Have i not always tried to point out these failings and offences on this forum i think i have for a very long time but its good to see people finally realizing now having always argued against me.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(10/06/2016 19:58)Dentonian Wrote:  They will probably be fined for the failure to run ANY 200s today. Apart from angry car-less plane photographers who had pre-paid All operator tickets to go to the RVP to see the inaugural Beijing flight, presumably Airport staff from the Wilmslow end would have had to take a taxi to/from work.

Hopefully they also issue part refunds for partly used day/week tickets.

For people going between Wilmslow town centre and the Airport there is a hourly train service. However, obviously the train doesn't serve the viewing park and most trains don't stop at Styal and if people had been waiting for the bus which didn't show up, going to the station and catching the next train might mean they arrive too late even if they are going between Wilmslow and the Airport.
(10/06/2016 23:16)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Have i not always tried to point out these failings and offences on this forum i think i have for a very long time but its good to see people finally realizing now having always argued against me.

The high staff turnover level and the number of disgruntled former employers posting negative comments on Facebook suggested something wasn't right.
(11/06/2016 08:39)knutstransport Wrote:  The high staff turnover level and the number of disgruntled former employers posting negative comments on Facebook suggested something wasn't right.

There's clearly a blatant disregard towards the registration/cancelation period (56 days?) just pulling services as and when they see fit.
Refunding tickets is all good and well but it dosen't help all the stranded and inconvienced passegers.
(11/06/2016 11:14)Mayneway Wrote:  Refunding tickets is all good and well but it dosen't help all the stranded and inconvienced passegers.

Which is why I think GHA not running services on the 16 and 84 routes (where other operator's services exist) before the cancellation requests took effect is better than not providing services on routes like P1 or 27 (where there is no alternative to the GHA services.) Obviously GHA should aim to run all the services on all the routes they have registered but in the event of an emergency reducing the service level on a very frequent route or not providing a service on a route where a competitor provides an alternative are the least bad options.
(11/06/2016 11:42)knutstransport Wrote:  Which is why I think GHA not running services on the 16 and 84 routes (where other operator's services exist) before the cancellation requests took effect is better than not providing services on routes like P1 or 27 (where there is no alternative to the GHA services.) Obviously GHA should aim to run all the services on all the routes they have registered but in the event of an emergency reducing the service level on a very frequent route or not providing a service on a route where a competitor provides an alternative are the least bad options.

I see your point but in all honestly an emergent is maybe once in a blue moon not every week, whether down to vehicle or staffing issues they should be trying to solve things or reducing their work load and thier not.

If nothing else it's not fair on other operators to strive to do things by the book.

I remember one operator close to where I live was heavily fined by the TC after they reduced a commercial service before the 56 days cancelation period and that was a service that ran 5 mins infront of a duplicate First service.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)