Current time: 04/05/2024, 19:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(28/05/2016 17:42)knutstransport Wrote:  Indeed. The 27 was contracted to High Peak, when the contract as expiring Cheshire East asked them to consider running the route commercially which they did but it was a disaster and they lost many passengers after they put up the fares, reduced the frequency and reliability was dreadful. They withdrew the service and Cheshire East put it out to tender but GHA registered it commercially. After they had the route for a while they reinstated most of the withdrawn journeys - a morning peak return working and evening peak return working on weekdays wasn't reinstated while the last bus is an hour earlier on Saturdays.

GHA lost the contract for the 130 - D&G won it but as GHA decided to run a reduced service commercially instead, the contract award to D&G was cancelled.

Unrelated to the above YJ59 GHA was reported to be parked up in an affluent residential street in Bowdon (near Altrincham) yesterday. The person who saw it suggested it had probably broken down on the 289 route and been moved off the main road. However, I saw YJ59 GHA driving around Altrincham late afternoon today - not in passenger service. A debranded Cheshire Connect Solo with registration starting DK09 was on the 289 route, with the usual Enviro 200s on the 88 services I saw.

Dear Mr Knuts Transport,

Its interesting to hear the history on routes in the Knutsford area and although we dont always get it right I can assure you that we are trying hard and there is lots happening behind the scenes. I am currently looking at revising the 27 timetable and now that the buses travel empty from Winsford there is scope to add earlier and later buses to and from Macclesfield.

In your opinion what other improvements could we make to the timetable?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - GHA Coaches - 31/05/2016 15:26

User(s) browsing this thread: 29 Guest(s)