Current time: 04/05/2024, 09:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(10/01/2016 13:00)Valandil Wrote:  I think things are a bit different now on this corridor, as Network Warrington has since pulled their 6 out of Lymm and the 5 is down to hourly, which isn't very good for the sections of the route which aren't shared with the 35.
Warrington Coachways also had a bit of a "Fairbrothers" type image, with buses of far lower quality than the competition, and only its loyal customers would really get on in my experience.

I am in two minds as to whether it would be more worthwhile running along the old 38 route as a more direct route to Lymm than the 5/35 and then onwards to Altrincham via Heatley, which would surely be a great thing for people in Lymm who currently have a very slow bus into Warrington, and it would only require 2 vehicles to provide an hourly service, or whether it would be better to duplicate the 5 exactly and run through Stockton Heath, which might not appeal as much to the Lymm people, who might as well get the 5/35 into Warrington as it'd likely be more frequent, but they might pick up some more people due to going through Stockton Heath.

There is definitely scope for GHA to expand in this area with a decent competition on a 30 minute or hourly frequency. Nowadays with the 5s being hourly it isn't uncommon to see a standing load, infact this is the case for most workings until it reaches Lymm and it becomes slightly quieter. The 5/35 are routes that could fill a decker on each working but can't for obvious reasons. Now if you look at it like this, a new operator comes in with some decent looking and well maintained vehicles and offers a day ticket at around about 40% less than NWs that it's not going to attract passengers along a already congested corridor?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - Lynx - 10/01/2016 19:50
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)