Current time: 18/05/2024, 08:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(17/11/2015 00:05)DLG817 Wrote:  I have revised and updated my version of the 'GHA Story' on my website. I would welcome any comments or corrections on anything within th esite. LINK TO THE GHA STORY

Very interesting and enjoyable article Ron. Keep up the good work
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
GHA changes posted on the Cheshire East website

Monday 21st December 2015
27X GHA Macclesfield - Knutsford: service withdrawn, registration cancelled.
36 GHA Crewe - Haslington - Sandbach: service now only operates during school term time. 1225 from Crewe withdrawn. 1155 from Sandbach withdrawn.
87 (39) GHA Macclesfield - Congleton: service number changed from 39 to 87 to avoid number clash on network. New 7am journey from Congleton added. 1800pm journey from Congleton withdrawn. 1200pm journey withdrawn and 1300pm journey added.
44 GHA Crewe - Nantwich: service now only operates during school term time.
38 GHA Crewe - Congleton - Macclesfield: timetable revised most of the extra commercial journeys from 31/08/15 have been withdrawn.
88 GHA Knutsford - Wilmslow - Altrincham: timetable revised, some journeys added / extended.
130 GHA Macclesfield - Manchester: timetable revised and runs on Sundays only.

Saturday 19th December 2015
RR3 Vale of Llangollen Disley - Macclesfield: service withdrawn, registration cancelled.
X20 GHA Middlewich - Cheshire Oaks: service withdrawn, registration cancelled
X81 GHA Winsford - Hanley: service withdrawn, registration cancelled

I've found the new 88 times on Traveline. The first bus to Altrincham via Wilmslow from Knutsford will be at 05:25 on weekdays (06:15 on Saturdays.) The last bus from Wilmslow to Knutsford will be at 19:44 on weekdays (19:14 on Saturdays.) I wonder if the changes will result in people from Knutsford and Mobberley using the bus to connect with the early trains to London and Cardiff from Wilmslow, opposed to catching the first Northern service and changing at Stockport.
The Cheshire West changes seem a bit surprising.

The new 46 service is apparently replacing the 45A and 45C services (the 45C serves Mid-Cheshire and John Deanes Colleges) but the change is being made a week before the school/colleges break up for Christmas.

According to the Winsford Guardian the last Winsford-Liverpool run will be on 12th December, the cancellation applying from 19th December. The Saturday before Christmas (19th December this year) is usually one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
(19/11/2015 09:33)knutstransport Wrote:  GHA changes posted on the Cheshire East website

Monday 21st December 2015
27X GHA Macclesfield - Knutsford: service withdrawn, registration cancelled.
36 GHA Crewe - Haslington - Sandbach: service now only operates during school term time. 1225 from Crewe withdrawn. 1155 from Sandbach withdrawn.
87 (39) GHA Macclesfield - Congleton: service number changed from 39 to 87 to avoid number clash on network. New 7am journey from Congleton added. 1800pm journey from Congleton withdrawn. 1200pm journey withdrawn and 1300pm journey added.
44 GHA Crewe - Nantwich: service now only operates during school term time.
38 GHA Crewe - Congleton - Macclesfield: timetable revised most of the extra commercial journeys from 31/08/15 have been withdrawn.
88 GHA Knutsford - Wilmslow - Altrincham: timetable revised, some journeys added / extended.
130 GHA Macclesfield - Manchester: timetable revised and runs on Sundays only.

Saturday 19th December 2015
RR3 Vale of Llangollen Disley - Macclesfield: service withdrawn, registration cancelled.
X20 GHA Middlewich - Cheshire Oaks: service withdrawn, registration cancelled
X81 GHA Winsford - Hanley: service withdrawn, registration cancelled

I've found the new 88 times on Traveline. The first bus to Altrincham via Wilmslow from Knutsford will be at 05:25 on weekdays (06:15 on Saturdays.) The last bus from Wilmslow to Knutsford will be at 19:44 on weekdays (19:14 on Saturdays.) I wonder if the changes will result in people from Knutsford and Mobberley using the bus to connect with the early trains to London and Cardiff from Wilmslow, opposed to catching the first Northern service and changing at Stockport.

I wonder whether this means the 88 buses will now be based at winsford?
(19/11/2015 12:27)djb Wrote:  I wonder whether this means the 88 buses will now be based at winsford?

Someone posted on another forum that the 88 is going back to Tarvin but the Congleton services which are operated from the Macclesfield outstation will be transferring to Winsford.
From VOSA:

PG1073209/61 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Nantwich and Delmere Road/Manor Road/Sainsburys/Milfield given service number 51/52/52a/53 effective from 14-Dec-2015. To amend Timetable.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Amended 27/88 timetables are on Traveline

27 weekday service from 21st December: http://www.traveline-northwest.co.uk/tim...9420491753

88 weekday service from 21st December: http://www.traveline-northwest.co.uk/tim...O420490912

No amended 45/46 timetable on Traveline despite it changing a week earlier.
(26/11/2015 11:27)knutstransport Wrote:  Amended 27/88 timetables are on Traveline

27 weekday service from 21st December: http://www.traveline-northwest.co.uk/tim...9420491753

88 weekday service from 21st December: http://www.traveline-northwest.co.uk/tim...O420490912

No amended 45/46 timetable on Traveline despite it changing a week earlier.

Yes, I have just been looking for the 45/46 too.
It seems like Cheshire West and Chester online bus webpages have been gutted, which doesn't help Sad
A GHA bus was involved in an accident at Knutsford bus station this morning after a coach belonging to Holmeswood Coaches on a works contract reversed in to it. I'm not sure which vehicles were involved.
From VOSA:

PG1073209/66 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Great Sutton and Stanney Grange given service number 6 RedLine effective from 14-Dec-2015. To amend Timetable.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)