Current time: 04/05/2024, 15:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(31/05/2015 10:00)djb Wrote:  As for d/g being better than gha for the 130, I suspect it would be been seen that way, especially as The public probably only see gha running a reduced timetable, without the understanding that it's commercial. My experience of ghas 130 is very good (new bus nearly every time).

If the D&G contracted service had started there would have been a slight reduction in service over the previous GHA contracted service but the GHA commercial service had a further reduction.

I think given the full picture the actual bus users would probably have preferred the subsided service as that would have meant a cap on fares, a minimum service level and a minimum number of seats all of which aren't applicable to a commercial service. The disadvantage of course is council tax money being spent supporting the bus but if you actually use the service I don't think you'd mind that.

With talking about D&G and GHA does anyone know if it's GHA who have won the contract for the 9 and 10A Friday and Saturday services in the Macclesfield area? D&G say it'll be run by another operator from 12 June 2015 but no-one appears to have had a registration for those services accepted yet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - knutstransport - 01/06/2015 09:20
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)