Current time: 04/05/2024, 18:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(31/05/2015 09:42)knutstransport Wrote:  Maybe when it's Pride weekend in Manchester they should use the Beartown buses - they could go down well.

When GHA first took over the 42 Crewe-Congleton route there was criticism in the local media about the new operator not being as good as D&G. I'm sure not how opinion will have changed now GHA have had the chance to solve any initial teething problems and have introduced Gold Enviro 200s.

I don't know a lot about D&G but punctuality and reliability on the 300 route improved significantly following D&G taking it over from High Peak, not that High Peak were a hard act to follow. People comment on the 27 Knutsford-Macclesfield bus having better punctuality since it went to GHA/Vale, which also was previously High Peak.

Personally I think other than the Derbyshire-Macclesfield services High Peak shouldn't try to run services in Cheshire. It's one think blaming an accident or snow near the Cat and Fiddle for not running a Macclesfield-Buxton bus, it's another thing for using that excuse for not running services which start and end in Cheshire.

High peak have a mass inter working on their services- I think the 1, 14, 58, 392 and 442 all interwork. Meaning a problem in buxton affects all the macc services too!

As for d/g being better than gha for the 130, I suspect it would be been seen that way, especially as The public probably only see gha running a reduced timetable, without the understanding that it's commercial. My experience of ghas 130 is very good (new bus nearly every time).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others) - djb - 31/05/2015 10:00
Shropshire Expansion - Nwales Bus - 17/03/2016, 00:17
Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 13/04/2016, 17:34
RE: Rhyl - Deeside College - C209 GTU - 14/04/2016, 18:22

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)