Current time: 18/05/2024, 04:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
Optare Solo T789 KNW, carrying 'Into the 'Port' all over livery was an interesting sight on the 27 Macclesfield-Knutsford service on Saturday.

Photo HERE
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/05/2015 22:02)DVL418 Wrote:  Optare Solo T789 KNW, carrying 'Into the 'Port' all over livery was an interesting sight on the 27 Macclesfield-Knutsford service on Saturday.

Photo HERE

That bus has appeared on the 289 route before.
(26/05/2015 09:17)knutstransport Wrote:  That bus has appeared on the 289 route before.

It frequently ends up operating in the Macclesfield area
(26/05/2015 09:37)Nwales Bus Wrote:  It frequently ends up operating in the Macclesfield area

Never seen it on any Macclesfield outstation routes before last Saturday. Therefore, which routes have you seen it on, as the 289 isn't a Macc outstation route?
(26/05/2015 17:26)DVL418 Wrote:  Never seen it on any Macclesfield outstation routes before last Saturday. Therefore, which routes have you seen it on, as the 289 isn't a Macc outstation route?

I've seen it a few times on the 289, and sometimes on the 27
(26/05/2015 18:54)Nwales Bus Wrote:  I've seen it a few times on the 289, and sometimes on the 27

I live in Knutsford and since GHA/Vale have taken it over the 27 route I've only ever seen Solos and Darts in standard GHA colours, Vale Travel colours and Cheshire Connect colours, so anything else must be very uncommon.

Although on other services GHA/Vale run in Knutsford I've seen DeeBee branded buses, Llan Express branded buses, the 'In To The Port' buses we're talking about, plain red Wright Renowns and even a Connexions branded bus.

The Neston Connect Solo frequently appears on the 289 route, although that's in the normal GHA livery with an extra yellow stripe, so doesn't stand out as much.
(26/05/2015 19:36)knutstransport Wrote:  I live in Knutsford and since GHA/Vale have taken it over the 27 route I've only ever seen Solos and Darts in standard GHA colours, Vale Travel colours and Cheshire Connect colours, so anything else must be very uncommon.

Although on other services GHA/Vale run in Knutsford I've seen DeeBee branded buses, Llan Express branded buses, the 'In To The Port' buses we're talking about, plain red Wright Renowns and even a Connexions branded bus.

The Neston Connect Solo frequently appears on the 289 route, although that's in the normal GHA livery with an extra yellow stripe, so doesn't stand out as much.

NA04 GHA has not been in Neston branding for a while was not in it at least 6/7 months when I was there...289 was regularly operated by Cheshire Connect branded YJ59GHA I'm not sure if this is the case now still
(26/05/2015 20:33)E208 WBG Wrote:  NA04 GHA has not been in Neston branding for a while was not in it at least 6/7 months when I was there...289 was regularly operated by Cheshire Connect branded YJ59GHA I'm not sure if this is the case now still

I didn't realise it was that long since the Neston branding was removed. That bus has been a regular on the 289 since GHA won the contract from Swans.

The 289 is the bus I see the least, with the low frequency and the route being furthest from my house. I think the last time I saw it a DeeBee Solo was running it. I think the 59 reg Cheshire Connect Solos were concentrated on South Cheshire services until the new Solo SRs were introduced.
(27/05/2015 10:53)knutstransport Wrote:  I didn't realise it was that long since the Neston branding was removed. That bus has been a regular on the 289 since GHA won the contract from Swans.

The 289 is the bus I see the least, with the low frequency and the route being furthest from my house. I think the last time I saw it a DeeBee Solo was running it. I think the 59 reg Cheshire Connect Solos were concentrated on South Cheshire services until the new Solo SRs were introduced.

Meant 4/5 months sorry not sure what goes where now left GHA for Arriva over a month ago
First glimpse of the new Traws Cymru - Scania Enviro Enviro400 - today was the day that Stephen Bryce signed for these - hopefully they will leave the factory soon and come down to Wales.

Photo link of 3001 - SN15ETD at Falkirk

The other two are 3002 & 3 SN15 ETE and ETF

Photo link of the transformed Enviro 300 SN04EFU in the new livery

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)