Current time: 18/05/2024, 08:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
Where is GHAs depot in Macclesfield? Cheshire fire incidents page reports a Bus Fire in Heapy Street in Macclesfield, and the road rings a bell for their depot?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/06/2014 17:21)R311 WVR Wrote:  Where is GHAs depot in Macclesfield? Cheshire fire incidents page reports a Bus Fire in Heapy Street in Macclesfield, and the road rings a bell for their depot?

Yes - you are correct - their depot is in Heapy Street

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
(15/06/2014 17:21)R311 WVR Wrote:  Where is GHAs depot in Macclesfield? Cheshire fire incidents page reports a Bus Fire in Heapy Street in Macclesfield, and the road rings a bell for their depot?

Do you know what bus was on fire??
There have been so many bus fires over the last week: five Stagecoach buses (arson in the case of two of these), a National Express bus and it sounds like a GHA bus too. Perhaps there have been others too -- these are just the ones I have come across.
(15/06/2014 21:14)Dentonian Wrote:  5x Stagecoach ?
I know of the arson attack in Devon last night; the London ALX on the M11 & the Uni-bus Olympian in Coventry (neither suspicous), but not a fifth. The BBC reported the NX in Sparkbrook as suspicious.

I think the other one was a fire of a less serious nature around Barnsley ... at least it was close to the scrapheap!
(15/06/2014 21:14)Dentonian Wrote:  5x Stagecoach ?
I know of the arson attack in Devon last night; the London ALX on the M11 & the Uni-bus Olympian in Coventry (neither suspicous), but not a fifth. The BBC reported the NX in Sparkbrook as suspicious.

(15/06/2014 22:03)Valandil Wrote:  I think the other one was a fire of a less serious nature around Barnsley ... at least it was close to the scrapheap!

A second Trident/ALX400 that had been travelling with the example that went up on the M11 later caught fire after arriving at Kettering depot from Peterborough Depot where it and a third example had been towed to after they overheated. In addition, a Dart caught fire heading to Eastbourne from Rugby during transfer.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(15/06/2014 22:03)Valandil Wrote:  I think the other one was a fire of a less serious nature around Barnsley ... at least it was close to the scrapheap!

are you meaning the Enviro300 what breaks overheated just outside Royston on Thursday? it was a very minor fire,simple extinguisher put it out & it was back out in service by Saturday
There is a picture of the bus on Cheshire Fire's Twitter page:
https://twitter.com/CheshireFire/status/...7549520896
http://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/news-even...58VFChyRI0
No idea which vehicle it is, but looks like a Plaxton Pointer.

EDIT: I would say its S878 SNB

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
(16/06/2014 16:15)Garsty Wrote:  There is a picture of the bus on Cheshire Fire's Twitter page:
https://twitter.com/CheshireFire/status/...7549520896
http://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/news-even...58VFChyRI0
No idea which vehicle it is, but looks like a Plaxton Pointer.

EDIT: I would say its S878 SNB

Im afraid to say it is S878 SNB, after only returning to the road not so long ago with a new engine, the dashboard destroys the whole busSad
(16/06/2014 17:13)fordsonmajor2012 Wrote:  Im afraid to say it is S878 SNB, after only returning to the road not so long ago with a new engine, the dashboard destroys the whole busSad
I cannot see them repairing it either, did the engine survive? The pictures don't make it clear how bad it was at the back of the bus.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)