Current time: 19/04/2024, 15:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (GHA Coaches, Bryn Melyn and Vale Travel)
(07/07/2012 16:59)DLG817 Wrote:  
(07/07/2012 16:26)Marshall Capital SLF Wrote:  
(07/07/2012 16:06)DLG817 Wrote:  The 5th Annual Route 76 Beer Festival is taking place this afternoon

The following vehicles are currently being used: - , VX51RBO (SB53),

SB53 VX51 RBO Was on the X36 Today - Saw it 1109 Ellesmere Port Bus Stastion - Airport bound Smile Picture Later!

Weird !!! I have no photo unfortunatley as I was driving. I saw it on two seperate occasions at 1432 and 1512 and I am almost certain it was RBO. I await to see the photo - apologies if I am wrong - it was certainly a Dart / Alexander.

Apolagies! I Was wrong! It was BZM I Saw!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/07/2012 21:07)Marshall Capital SLF Wrote:  
(07/07/2012 16:59)DLG817 Wrote:  
(07/07/2012 16:26)Marshall Capital SLF Wrote:  SB53 VX51 RBO Was on the X36 Today - Saw it 1109 Ellesmere Port Bus Stastion - Airport bound Smile Picture Later!

Weird !!! I have no photo unfortunatley as I was driving. I saw it on two seperate occasions at 1432 and 1512 and I am almost certain it was RBO. I await to see the photo - apologies if I am wrong - it was certainly a Dart / Alexander.

Apolagies! I Was wrong! It was BZM I Saw!

Thanks for the apology and I can now cancel my appoitment with Specsavers (or the funny farm). Just for the record I would suggest that the vehicle you would have seen is VX51 PZM (SB32).

Thanks again for saving my sanity.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
DD04 - A548 HAC has been deputising recently on Macclesfield schools services. First time in months a non-Vale Transport liveried decker has been stabled at Heapy Street outstation.

Photo HERE
GHA Group News

A new arrival for spares is F231YTJ - Leyland Olympian / Alexander - it is still in the livery of Ace Travel, Liverpool - I believe it was new in March 1989 to Merseyside PTE (231), and has seen service with Bullock Cheadle and Stagecoach Manchester.

R276CBU - [MB19] Merc-Benz O814D / Plaxton Beaver 2 B31F left the fleet in April

The ex Helm Solo YM52TPU is still being prepared for service and is receiving the alternative 'into the Port' orange based livery. A further vehicle has yet to be be given this livery – this may be a new acquisition.

Of the three ex Swansea City DAF / Cadets – YJ04BVD has received the Llangollen Express livery and has entered service on this route which also extends to Corwen, Ruthin and Denbigh. YJ04BVB has received GHA low floor livery and has yet to enter service. YJ04BVC has not yet started to be prepared for service.

Ex Arriva Midlands Volvo Olympian S644KJU has been given 'GHA decker' livery and is still being prepared for service.

Former Hammers G410YAY [CA21] a Dennis Javelin / Plaxton Paramount 35 has lost its Hammer livery in favour of the GHA silver livery. This is the last vehicle transferred from the former Hanmer's company to lose the livery. TIL7583 [MB26] (MB / RB) still retains Hammer livery but this vehicle was painted into the livery when it was obtained from Arriva Cymru some time after the acquisition of Hanmer.

I have been reliably informed that one of the latest Solos acquired - namely S903DUB - is the first production Solo. It has chassis number 6002 (6000 and 6001 being only development chassis). S903DUB was first a demonstration vehicle before it went to Arriva Milton Keynes. It is now working from the Ruthin depot and carries the new Denbighshire GHA livery.

Due to a number of factors there are a few GHA Coaches liveried vehicles working out of the Bryn Melyn garage. These factors include the withdrawal of Optare Vecta TIL9872, also that T164AUA (DAF SB220 / Ikarus) is curently off the road, the new service 502 and a new contract in the Shropshire area. Vehicles currently undertaking Bryn Melyn duties include EAZ2584 (Vo / Pn Premier), R636RSE (Vo / Pn) and R397XDA (DAF / NC Prestige).

I have been reliably informed that a used Solo will shortly arrive (possibly earmarked for the 'into the port' service) and also some Darts are expected. More information when available.

Ron

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
(17/07/2012 18:51)DLG817 Wrote:  GHA Group News

A new arrival for spares is F231YTJ - Leyland Olympian / Alexander - it is still in the livery of Ace Travel, Liverpool - I believe it was new in March 1989 to Merseyside PTE (231), and has seen service with Bullock Cheadle and Stagecoach Manchester.

R276CBU - [MB19] Merc-Benz O814D / Plaxton Beaver 2 B31F left the fleet in April

The ex Helm Solo YM52TPU is still being prepared for service and is receiving the alternative 'into the Port' orange based livery. A further vehicle has yet to be be given this livery – this may be a new acquisition.

Of the three ex Swansea City DAF / Cadets – YJ04BVD has received the Llangollen Express livery and has entered service on this route which also extends to Corwen, Ruthin and Denbigh. YJ04BVB has received GHA low floor livery and has yet to enter service. YJ04BVC has not yet started to be prepared for service.

Ex Arriva Midlands Volvo Olympian S644KJU has been given 'GHA decker' livery and is still being prepared for service.

Former Hammers G410YAY [CA21] a Dennis Javelin / Plaxton Paramount 35 has lost its Hammer livery in favour of the GHA silver livery. This is the last vehicle transferred from the former Hanmer's company to lose the livery. TIL7583 [MB26] (MB / RB) still retains Hammer livery but this vehicle was painted into the livery when it was obtained from Arriva Cymru some time after the acquisition of Hanmer.

I have been reliably informed that one of the latest Solos acquired - namely S903DUB - is the first production Solo. It has chassis number 6002 (6000 and 6001 being only development chassis). S903DUB was first a demonstration vehicle before it went to Arriva Milton Keynes. It is now working from the Ruthin depot and carries the new Denbighshire GHA livery.

Due to a number of factors there are a few GHA Coaches liveried vehicles working out of the Bryn Melyn garage. These factors include the withdrawal of Optare Vecta TIL9872, also that T164AUA (DAF SB220 / Ikarus) is curently off the road, the new service 502 and a new contract in the Shropshire area. Vehicles currently undertaking Bryn Melyn duties include EAZ2584 (Vo / Pn Premier), R636RSE (Vo / Pn) and R397XDA (DAF / NC Prestige).

I have been reliably informed that a used Solo will shortly arrive (possibly earmarked for the 'into the port' service) and also some Darts are expected. More information when available.

Ron

That is a shame that former Merseybus/MTL 0231 is going to be broken up.
Middlewich Based K772 DAO Was on the 82 today,
S878 SNB Was on the X81 To Hanley
Allocated to the Vale Travel outstation at Macclesfield last weekend were;

M174 GRY
M168 GRY
G503 SFT
1810 VT
M175 GRY
A548 MAC

Photo HERE
I've never seen or heard of an allocation like this before - "deebee"-branded Solo M880SL YJ59 GFX (SL11) was unusually on the 82 today! (Credit to a reliable source, who provided a photo, on Facebook.)

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The deebee solos always seem to be on random stuff 1 was on the 6/7 in Ellesnere Port seen 1 on the 40 and 23 in wrexham i have even seen one parked in Broughton Shopping Centre
(25/07/2012 22:32)P450 SWX Wrote:  The deebee solos always seem to be on random stuff 1 was on the 6/7 in Ellesnere Port seen 1 on the 40 and 23 in wrexham i have even seen one parked in Broughton Shopping Centre
I agree! I've never seen or heard of a Solo on the 82, though!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)