Current time: 05/05/2024, 05:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(13/11/2015 10:22)tinytears87 Wrote:  Just adding to this......there is no vehicle allocator of a night time, just the shunters who are already busy doing what they should be doing, and these lads do leave a spare bus out on the front,when they can, for you to take, no questions asked. Only a handful of vehicles go out of the garage of a night time. I think it's 2 10A's, 1 x10 (the last one from LPL), and 1 x 89 at 1845. Any other 89's that often get changed, are done so by the drivers themselves in the search for something better. On occasion, you grab a bus that comes in, and take that one straight out. Anyone who knows me, knows that i will take out something different of a night if i want to, because its up to me in the end. I have had 2574 out on 10A's 3 times on my wednesday duty since it cam here, and not filled it once. In Merseybus days, i'd often take out a National. Just chill and enjoy what turns up, especially if its something ' not the norm' !

Thank you for the information regarding the night time allocation set up TT, it's always interesting to hear how things work behind the scenes.

I agree with what you're saying, if the 10A had half of its allocation worked by single deckers then it would be a cause of concern and a reason to complain, but as there's usually two on there at most then it could be much worse. After all, as others on this forum have said, it's better to have one bus turn up than none at all - and from an enthusiast point of view, it gives us something to talk about and enjoy if a Commander turns up on the 10A rather than the usual Enviro400.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - SL64 JFK - 13/11/2015 13:34

User(s) browsing this thread: 68 Guest(s)