Current time: 05/05/2024, 04:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
It's not a ban as such, it's just that management and engineering would rather not have the B10BLEs out on late boards due to previous instances of fuel starvation and the like. Indeed 2712 carries a notice in the cab due to high fuel consumption. However, it's difficult to get them swapped off the likes of the 89 due to short layover times so if a bus comes in late, it has to go straight back out. Swaps for late boards generally rely upon the driver taking the vehicle down to Jackson Street as opposed to a bus being brought out. Whether 2709 stays out tonight will likely depend upon who's driving more than anything else.

Interesting to note 2418 was swapped off though St Helens Rider - seemed fine when I had it Rainford bound around on the 13.25 working. It's a bit bouncier than the other X-reg Cadets I've ridden and somewhat more substantially crashy but still a good bus in terms of the ride, which was notably smooth, and it's turn of speed which was good compared to 2416 I rode on Saturday and noted to be horribly sluggish pulling away and gaining any real kind of speed.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - CX54 DKD - 21/05/2013 14:55

User(s) browsing this thread: 73 Guest(s)