Current time: 05/05/2024, 05:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Taking the Renowns away would equally remove necessary full size vehicles from St Helens routes which require the capacity. Namely the likes of the 89s and 34/As which both benefit from the Renowns. Something like Versas wouldn't be suitable replacements on these services. If you were to replace the Renowns, it would have to be with equally sized vehicles (i.e. Pulsars). I do agree though in that, if there's been a large Versa order, I wouldn't find it surprising to see any allocated to the NW to end up with St Helens with the current presence of the SRs. Further SRs though, would be disastrous; there are a sufficient number now to cover the routes they are suitable for and anything further needs to have the capacity of the Cadets at the least or, preferably, of full size vehicles.

If new vehicles are coming, I can only see them being intended to see off some of the older Darts, personally, and not in order to displace non-life expired vehicles such as the Renowns which have required capacity already regardless of wherever else may need it.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot - CX54 DKD - 01/01/2013 17:06

User(s) browsing this thread: 88 Guest(s)