Current time: 26/04/2024, 15:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(23/05/2023 07:24)North West Bus Spotter Wrote:  3173 has left to go up to Southport while the Solo moved today is 717, it was Ryan Low who took them up to their depots and 6010 is supposed to be going to Speke today. St Helens are also losing a Pulsar to Speke as well as 4 to Southport (3173-3175, 3018), unsure what one Speke's getting
So to add insult to injury, St Helens is losing the 'newest' of the Pulsars. This gets worse!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I guess St Helens just have to really hope these hydrogen vehicles get sorted out and on the road ...
You'd have thought with depots closing then things could only get better for the other depots with more vehicles being spare and available for use, but it seems not in this case.
(23/05/2023 10:58)Valandil Wrote:  I guess St Helens just have to really hope these hydrogen vehicles get sorted out and on the road ...
You'd have thought with depots closing then things could only get better for the other depots with more vehicles being spare and available for use, but it seems not in this case.

Where Winsford's fleet was concerned, priority was given to replacing buses which are life expired or not emissions compliant. It's going to be the same with Bolton, I'm afraid.

I won't deny St Helens has been shafted, the Solos are too small and Enviro400 FCEVs aren't fit for purpose. The depot and its passengers deserve better.
3175 are the pulsars to be transfered out for Solo Sr
(23/05/2023 13:32)chris-s Wrote:  3018
3175 are the pulsars to be transfered out for Solo Sr

Guessing 3018,3173-75 are for Southport and 3057 is for Speke

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
(23/05/2023 13:58)Y458 KNF Wrote:  Guessing 3018,3173-75 are for Southport and 3057 is for Speke

Yes, 717-721 in their place.
All new ADL Hydro busses are returning back to Falkirk to have all the problems sorted. From what I believe service date put back till Sept/Oct. Not a good Start
[quote='chris-s' pid='154298' dateline='1685014437']
All new ADL Hydro busses are returning back to Falkirk to have all the problems sorted. From what I believe service date put back till Sept/Oct. Not a good Start
[/quote

Because of the unreliability of these new hydrogen buses that will almost certainly delay the switch to being fully zero emission not just within transport but with all vehicles. Silly move to waste money on the cheapest option.
(25/05/2023 11:56)RyanL385 Wrote:  [quote='chris-s' pid='154298' dateline='1685014437']
[/quote

Because of the unreliability of these new hydrogen buses that will almost certainly delay the switch to being fully zero emission not just within transport but with all vehicles. Silly move to waste money on the cheapest option.

Sounds like it’s just a waste of time nothing wrong with the diesel Enviro400s at this present time.

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
725 is rather unusually on the 31 today.

Hopefully the additional solos returning to St Helens will be used more wisely on routes such as the 20, 31 and 33 in addition to the 35, rather than the 17 and 32.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)