Current time: 20/04/2024, 09:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(22/05/2023 13:39)CUL 73V Wrote:  Oh, great. Our new trains aren't fit for purpose and our new buses apparently aren't either.

How much taxpayer money was spent on buying them? What a joke.

Both busses magically appeared back at Jackson St wondering if it was for hydrogen refuel...
Should of bought Wright bodied Hydro busses, they been running round Scotland problem free, but as per went for cheapest option
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I seeing that St Helens is losing yet more pulsars that are needed and regaining the solio sr that are to small. My question is why?

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
Not Solo's again. Please no!
(22/05/2023 16:25)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Not Solo's again. Please no!

St Helens have a bad obsession with those SRs horrid things that pretty much all the drivers hate

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWlqEkh...wHyRfm5C_A
There are some routes which can't even cope with Pulsars thanks to all the cuts in frequencies. A few weeks ago, I just about managed to board a mid-morning 17 on Marshalls Cross Road that was full and standing right down the vehicle. Anything smaller wouldn't have been able to accommodate myself and a few other passengers. In fact, the bus had to drive past passengers at the Sherdley Road junction. I presume there are possibly other instances of this across the routes St Helens operate.
The 35 Excepted there are no routes here that require Solo SR Capacity, Yet more poor moves from Arriva.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It's the 17 which struggles the most since the 30 was withdrawn.
(22/05/2023 14:42)chris-s Wrote:  Both busses magically appeared back at Jackson St wondering if it was for hydrogen refuel...
Should of bought Wright bodied Hydro busses, they been running round Scotland problem free, but as per went for cheapest option

I expect Rotheram was too eager to be the pilot customer for a very expensive, totally unproven product. Being the first customer of buses like these is a very poor idea. I'm glad I won't be driving them.

Agree with Wrights. I've been on the Aberdeen and Ulsterbus hydrogen StreetDecks, both very good.
Regarding the new buses when I went past Runcorn Depot on Saturday there was one parked up in the Depot so not all of them if any went back.

As for Solos I do believe a swap is happening today with a Solo from Speke being brought up with a Pulsar leaving for Southport I think it is, I know there's a big swap going on as one of the desk men from Speke is supposedly doing it.
(23/05/2023 05:09)M60lad Wrote:  Regarding the new buses when I went past Runcorn Depot on Saturday there was one parked up in the Depot so not all of them if any went back.

As for Solos I do believe a swap is happening today with a Solo from Speke being brought up with a Pulsar leaving for Southport I think it is, I know there's a big swap going on as one of the desk men from Speke is supposedly doing it.
3173 has left to go up to Southport while the Solo moved today is 717, it was Ryan Low who took them up to their depots and 6010 is supposed to be going to Speke today. St Helens are also losing a Pulsar to Speke as well as 4 to Southport (3173-3175, 3018), unsure what one Speke's getting

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)