Current time: 28/03/2024, 21:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Celebrity Deaths
RE: Celebrity Deaths
(30/07/2012 11:53)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Another sad loss in the past week is TV Antiques expert David Barby.
May not be a massive celebrity, but those who watched him in his numerous appearances in day time TV will know he was always a great personality and a very knowledgeable man indeed!
RIP to "Barby", too! I'm a fan of antique-related programmes and I used to enjoy watching him. Here's a dedicated website for him, for anybody who's interested:
http://www.david-barby.net/1.html

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It will be interesting to see whether he will be replaced on the antiques programmes they do or whether there other pool of antique experts will just have to do more programmes .

Remember some of the antique experts on the programmes have there own auction houses these days .
Find all posts by this user
Theres always plenty of experts to do these sort of programs, David was somewhat of a veteran of his field you could say though, so maybe his unfortunate passing may open the way for more junior experts to come up. All the same, programs won't be the same without his face popping up as much now!
Heard yesterday that the author maeve binchy has passed away.
Darts commentator Sid Waddell has died at the age of 72, his manager has said.
(12/08/2012 12:25)wirralbus Wrote:  Darts commentator Sid Waddell has died at the age of 72, his manager has said.

Yep cancer got the great man, shall miss his commentary's on the Dart's as he had a great way of describing things, PDC darts will be poorer for this loss.
Oh well most of you are a bit young for this one , Max Bygraves has died aged 89
(01/09/2012 13:11)wirralbus Wrote:  Oh well most of you are a bit young for this one , Max Bygraves has died aged 89

The presenter of the older Family Fortunes wasn't he, before the time of Les Dennis and Vernon Kay.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/09/2012 13:20)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  
(01/09/2012 13:11)wirralbus Wrote:  Oh well most of you are a bit young for this one , Max Bygraves has died aged 89

The presenter of the older Family Fortunes wasn't he, before the time of Les Dennis and Vernon Kay.

Yeah he replaced Bob Monkhouse when he jumped ship to the BBC , sadly even Bob Monkhouse is now longer with us we do seem to go through a pattern of losing people every year.

Max Bygraves had been suffering from Alzheimers Disease.
Veteran broadcaster Derek Jameson has died he was 82

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)