Current time: 25/04/2024, 17:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Celebrity Deaths
RE: Celebrity Deaths
Yes, Shane Warne's death was a real shock to the system yesterday. Genuinely, when the headline came up I thought it must have meant a different Australian called Warne. Very, very sad and one of the two greatest spinners ever; cricketing royalty.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Lynda Baron has died at the age of 82.

I can personally admit that her death was somewhat of a shock to me, I remember growing up in the mid to late 2000's watching Come Outside in primary school, I also watched Open All Hours for a few months in 2020 before the lockdown, where she played the role of Nurse Gladys Emmanuel (I hope I spelled that correctly), a role she also reprised in the 2013 reboot of the series for a while.

Her death is starting to make me consider watching 1980s/90s TV shows now, somewhat of a coincidence as I was discussing this with a friend today.

Was also reading the BBC article about her death, she mentioned in an interview two years ago that she couldn't decide whether she favoured playing the role of Auntie Mabel in Come Outside or Nurse Gladys Emmanuel in Open All Hours.
Probably one for those who grew up around wrestling back in the day.

Professional wrestler Scott Hall, also best known by his ring name 'Razor Ramon' has died at the age of 63.

Also a 2 time inductee of the WWE Hall of Fame, inducted in 2014 as an individual and again in 2020 as a member of the New World Order.

Edit 17/03/2022
Peter Bowles has died at the age of 85.
Timmy Thomas, who had a hit with Why Can't We Live Together? in 1972 died on Friday March 11th, aged 77.
Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins has passed away at the age of 50. A big shock for a huge Foo Fighters fan
Just been announced on BBC News that Tom Parker of The Wanted has died at the age of 33, following a battle with terminal brain cancer.

Parker confirmed in October 2020 that he had been diagnosed with the terminal disease, RIP.
April, off to a mediocre start already.

Estelle Harris, best known for her role as Estelle Costanza in the sitcom Seinfeld, as well as voicing the Mrs. Potato Head characters in the Toy Story film franchise has died at the age of 93.

Country singer C.W. McCall, best known for the 1975 truck-driving country single 'Convoy' has died at the age of 93, I suppose those who maybe watched the 1978 film based on the song may recognise it.

EDITS: EastEnders actress June Brown who played the character of Dot Cotton from 1985 to 2020 has died at the age of 95, her character in EastEnders was the second long-running character in the series.
David McKee, the children's author known for the Mr. Benn series as well as Elmer the Patchwork Elephant has died at the age of 87.
Former eastenders actor June Brown has sadly died at the age of 95.
We're not even halfway through April and yet the deaths keep on coming.

Gilbert Gottfried, comedian and the voice of Iago in Disney's Aladdin series (until 2014) has died at the age of 67.

Edits:
Darts and speedway commentator Nigel Pearson has died at the age of 52, as announced by the Professional Darts Corporation today.
Liz Sheridan — a recurring character in ALF as well as the on-screen TV mother of Jerry Seinfeld in the sitcom Seinfeld has died at the age of 93, with Estelle Harris dying at the same age just over two weeks ago now.
1993 BDO World Championship runner-up Mike Gregory has died at the age of 65.

He was also a founding member of the World Darts Council (later the Professional Darts Corporation), although only played in this organisation until 1993, when he returned to the BDO and remained there until his last appearance in 2005.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)