Current time: 01/05/2024, 22:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Olympic Games
RE: Olympic Games
I have to say, I enjoyed Liam Gallagher singing Wonderwall! I just thing it was sad that, for the sake of the Olympics, he and Noel couldn't just settle their differences and play as Oasis; that would have been great.

All of Russell Brand' singing was pre-recorded, auto tuned crap. Also I, certainly think Gary Barlow deserves a lot of respect for going out last night after loosing his daughter just last week, can't have been easy.

Overall though, I thought the ceremony was rather disjointed and a lot of it just didn't make sense. The opening ceremony was hugely more impressive and hugely more entertaining. Oh, and then we really did hit a low when the Spice Girls came out. Think I may actually have curled into a ball cringing!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I had forgotten all about the Spice Girls, probably because I was trying to,Victoria Beckham looked like she was losing her balance on the top of the taxi at one point, yes of course Barlow deserves respect for coming out and performing as that must have been a difficult thing for him to do.
I thought the one shining light in a generally dire closing ceremony was The Who. I'm not a fan of theirs, but they were spot on. Most of the acts struggled to get themselves heard properly over the music, especially George Michael who was a bit disappointing. Spice Girls have had their day - they join the One Direction and Kaiser Chiefs collection as "bloody awful". As for Jessie J and those ridiculously-named blokes and their "music", the less said the better.

At least the Olympics themselves were a real success and something to be proud of - for me, the closing ceremony and what I saw of the opening, certainly weren't.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Jessie J managed in 5 minutes to kill Queen.

I'm sorry but she's just plain useless compared to Freddie Mercury, I think even George Michael (!) would have been better.

Also, like the meme on facebook: Where the f**k were Iron Maiden?!
If they was going to use a Queen song why not do a video montage like they did for John Lennon's Imagine .

Remember the Queen 50th Anniversary Jubilee Concert at Buckingham Palace when Will Young murdered a Queen Song , it takes a really good singer to do a Queen song because of the notes Freddie Mecury could do with his vocal cords.
(13/08/2012 09:15)DVL418 Wrote:  Closing ceremony in three words - 'It was s**te.

WTF had the idea of giving George Micheal 20 minutes on stage - half of which he used to promote his new (crap) song and the boy band who couldn't even mime in time!

Best bits - has to be John Lennon's Imagine, (despite being surrounded by national flags) Eric Idle and Annie Lennox

And Liam G - you can not sing anymore - sorry lad.

Completely agree!
George Michael was god awful, he really was.
One Direction, The Spice Girls, Emeli Sande and Annie Lennox were all terrible as far as I'm concerned. Special commendation goes to Elbow who were excellent, and the performance of Imagine.
Queen was killed, oh who am I kidding, slaughtered bludgeoned and brutally executed before being put into a portaloo and sh*t on by Jessie J and her god awful singing. We Will Rock You is not a vocally demanding song, thats what she tried to make it and it massively detracted from the quality of the whole song. Brian May and Roger Taylor are excellent musicians and as said above they need other excellent musicians to perform with to truly compliment their work and the ability of their dearly departed band mate. While nobody matches Freddie, Paul Rodgers did an excellent job in their tour a few years ago which I was lucky enough to attend!
The Who were also very good and Take That were also rather good compared to some acts earlier in the evening.
Overall, the whole thing was a disappointment, and the worst part? I had to sit and watch all 3 hours of it...
Spice Girls were brilliant, even if a token performance, I like almost anything 1990s so that was good!

Shame they only played the intro to Bohemian Rhapsody!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Spice girls were good in my eyes and even though i despise them one direction. Emeli Sande is like adele with a very depressing voice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
A news story I picked-up this morning;

Merseytravel and Liverpool One have agreed to undertake a 12-month trial to provide designated drop-off and pick-up points for coaches bringing out-of-town shoppers to Liverpool One bus station.

Two bays have been allocated for coaches, available for 15 minutes each, which operators can book in advance. Research has shown that in other major shopping and leisure complexes, such as the Trafford Centre, organised coach trips deliver a significant proportion of the customers.

Cllr Liam Robinson, chairman of Merseytravel, said: "Liverpool One is important to the economy of the region and we are delighted to be able to help. The more visitors we can encourage into the heart of our region the more we can help regeneration.

"The designated bays are also convenient for visitors to the Liverpool waterfront which of course includes our own Mersey Ferries and its associated attractions."

Source; Place North West daily newsletter, 29th August 2012

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)