Current time: 28/03/2024, 09:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Economy
The Economy
Following on a thread from a few months back, a short story;

When young Gideon/George Osbourne was about six years old, he was made the wealthy master of a hatchet of which, like most little boys, he was extremely fond. He went about chopping everything that came his way.
One day, as he wandered about the garden amusing himself by hacking his mother's pea sticks (and pulling the legs off insects), he found a beautiful, young English cherry tree, of which his father was most proud. He struck the edge of his hatchet on the trunk of the tree and cut the bark it so that it died.
Some time after this, his father discovered what had happened to his favorite tree.
Just then George, with his little hatchet, came into the room.
"George,'' said his father, "do you know who has killed my beautiful little cherry tree yonder in the garden?
"Father, I cannot tell a lie, said the lying little s**t as if butter wouldn't melt in his mouth.

It was Gordon Brown...
...and the civil service bureaucrats
…and the public sector
…and the banks
…and the wrong kind of snow
...and employment tribunals
…and trade unions
…and energy prices
…and the royal wedding
...and the extra bank holiday
…and the Eurozone
...but it definitely wasn't me"

"Well George, you are a mendacious little t**t, aren’t you" said his father, relieving him of his hatchet. “I would ask you to grow me another tree but I don't think you know the first thing about growth. In fact, I don't think you could grow anything even if I gave you a fistful of seeds and a sack full of horse manure…now, get lost out of my sight”

So George went and joined the Bullingdon Club and met a guy called Dave, well, we know the rest.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: The Economy (aka George, it isn't working!)
Lord Oakeshott of the Lib Dems has slammed him as a 'work experience chancellor'. I doubt he's even at that level.
And then we have a certain Mr David Gauke morally condemning us all for paying cash in hand and, obviously, therefore trying to avoid tax. Complete ignorance for the huge firms (Google inclusive) who actively go out of their way to avoid tax but everyone else? Morally inept apparently.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
We are also now doing worse than Spain in terms of economical issues, seems like we will need bailing out next from Germany and France.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Well said DVL! It's just typical of the Tories really, make the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. They couldn't give a toss about the working class, all they care about is getting a big bonus off the TAXPAYER and ripping us off so they can get more and more of them. Whilst yes, the Tories were probably the best option back in 2010 as Labour made a complete mess of everything, but some people really need to stick to their roots (particularly the older generations) and remember the 1980s... What's this now, longest double-dip recession since World War II? Pathetic. A leopard can't change its spots, and the tories are a perfect case in this...

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
I don't think it's fair to insinuate that with a labour government, the double dip recession would have been avoided - I think it's something that was always going to be inevitable to be honest regardless of who took control and I still believe that the Torries has the best plan of action to at least lesser the effects. What I don't think has helped at all is having a coalition government; as far as I'm concerned, they're a pointless endeavour.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(26/07/2012 12:47)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I don't think it's fair to insinuate that with a labour government...

Fully agreed, CX54. Voice of reason.

As for Labour, I truly shudder to think of a UK with Ed Miliband in charge. It is a prospect to be feared.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
I never said it would be avoided, and I do agree it probably was inevitable that a double dip was going to happen. But the longest one since WWII, doesn't that say the Tories are doing something massively wrong?... Indeed 507, I don't exactly think Milliband is material to be running a country. Out of all the big three parties, in my opinion, there are major flaws which need sorting. But, who knows where we are in 2/3 years time when the general election comes about. I guess it's just a case of wait and see.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
None of the three party leaders are convincing , Ed Miliband is the least of the three. With regards to this recession, well we can't really say that it wouldnt have happened under Labour as it probably would have and we have a world wide slump anyway. However George Osborne shouldnt be in the job that he is in as he is incapable of doing it properly and we would probably be better off with Ozzy Osborne instead. We have a double dip recession and little if any growth in the economy since this government came to power, everything is being cut,we all have less money in our pockets but unfortunately right now we have to put up with it. When the next election comes we probably won't have a coalition government as Liberal will not muster many votes.
What really make me smile is when Osbourne tried to use the extra bank holiday for the jubilee etc. as a reason for the recession - until Dennis Skinner (aka The Beast of Bolsover) reminded him that most people had already worked an extra day because of the leap year - 29th February!

Anyway, my wife will be asking the milkman for a VAT receipt on Friday when she pays the milk bill - don't want him avoiding tax and wrecking the economy do we, perish the thought?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)