Current time: 25/04/2024, 10:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Economy
RE: The Economy (aka George, it isn't working!)
I think no one can repair our ecconomy is because of Failed Worldwide Policvies on banking and big business which means all they have to do is blackmail Governments to get whatever they want at the threat of jobs otherwise say well we will close the factory, office, call centre or whatever costing you 6000 jobs and movbe it all to China or some other low paid low tax enclave. All Governments need to start working together Worldwide, all Privatisations should be cancellked as they are not a solution but a vehicle for wrecking the ecconomy and blackmailing Governments to get exactly what they want eg Them to be rich and everyone else to be poor.

There is no solution unless you can wreck it for Rich people who own Multinational business that only care about lining their pockerts while everybody else is made redundant, and not paying proper taxation in some cases.

Regulation cannot be brought in by only one Country to control them or they will just go elsewhere it needs absolutely every Country to stamp down on them and tighten legislation so only minimal profits can be made and speculative issues are not involved and Government and ESOPS take a greater role in business operations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
On Monday Gideon suffered the humiliation of being booed at the Olympic Stadium.

The message of Osborne's humiliation couldn't have been clearer. The musical chairs of the past 24 hours count for nothing. The minister the public most want to see the back of is the man who has driven the economy into the first full-blown double-dip recession since the 1970s, while cutting taxes for the rich, and whose benefits cuts have tipped disabled claimants into suicide as Britain embraces the Paralympians.

Osborne has failed miserably, even on his own terms. His big (only!) idea was to cut spending and borrowing, and slash the deficit. The private sector would then ride to the rescue with investment and growth to fill the gap left by a smaller state.

Nothing of the kind has happened – any more than it has anywhere else such austerity packages have been driven through since the crash. Borrowing and the deficit are both rising because the economy is shrinking and tax receipts dropping through the floor. Instead of investing to take up the public sector slack, the big corporations and the City are sitting on cash mountains and the banks are still failing to lend four years after they were bailed (or part-bought) out by the state.

The result is falling living standards, insecurity, joblessness and underemployment, with a wave of new layoffs and insolvencies expected as cuts and tax rises bite deeper. Naturally ministers blame everyone but themselves - the eurozone crisis is the latest excuse, but Britain's slide into recession started before the Greek economic carcrash, and exports to Europe only started to fall earlier this summer.

Camaron is either a fool or a coward for jibbing at the oppotunity to dump the chancellor and his failed experiment. Problem is both are rich enough not to be hurt, but the rest of us will have to suffer.
I think unfortunately it seems Cameron and Osborne come as a job lot as Blair and Brown did.
The cabinet re-shuffle was particularly entertaining, like re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Is that an iceberg coming towards us?.....Sad
Both Labour and now the tories have crashed on the Iceberg of the economy until europe is sorted nothing will be able to get out of the icebergs way.
(05/09/2012 17:03)mathias Wrote:  The cabinet re-shuffle was particularly entertaining, like re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Why a RE-shuffle? Did they have a shuffle earlier but had to do it again for some reason?
(05/09/2012 19:07)DVL418 Wrote:  
(05/09/2012 17:03)mathias Wrote:  The cabinet re-shuffle was particularly entertaining, like re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Why a RE-shuffle? Did they have a shuffle earlier but had to do it again for some reason?

I think in the case of Cameron & Osborne they are both hand shuffles and they had a re-shuffle to demonstrate.

[/quote]

I think in the case of Cameron & Osborne they are both hand shuffles and they had a re-shuffle to demonstrate. [/quote]

Funny you should mention 'both hand shuffles.' When I was a kid, that meant something completely different!!!!LOL

Mal

Madder and white; probably the best livery in the world!
(06/09/2012 13:58)Mal Wrote:  

I think in the case of Cameron & Osborne they are both hand shuffles and they had a re-shuffle to demonstrate. [/quote]

Funny you should mention 'both hand shuffles.' When I was a kid, that meant something completely different!!!!LOL

Mal
[/quote]

To be honest Mal I just kind if used that way of describing them rather than something more obvious.
As i've said there will be no changes to the ecconomy until Millionarire business owners are made to take responsibility for there gready selfrish actions.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)