Current time: 16/05/2024, 14:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
With credit to the Stagecoach Enthusiasts Facebook group, Enviro400 MMC SN16OTS was today delivered to Hyde road and is believed to have been issued fleetnumber 10579.
It's apparently the second of a batch destined for Ashton although some early reports suggested the batch was for Stockport. It carries the Irn-Bru leather seating similar to the batch just delivered to Gillmoss but im told they won't have usb charging points.

Nice to see Stagecoach investing in new buses for Tameside. It's a good 5 years since the Enviro200's arrived and most of them are at different depots and of course the 64 reg Enviro200 very quickly moved to Stockport after it's delivery so hopefully these will remain at AZ for the foreseeable.
Im told there arrival should finally see off some of the elderly 56 and 07 reg Enviro400's which are well and truley past there best.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Well if it's true it'll be very interesting to see what route they end up on.
(19/05/2016 16:23)joe_alker Wrote:  Well if it's true it'll be very interesting to see what route they end up on.

I think they will just be used as and where. It was suggested they are mainly for 216s and 330's with older examples working 236/237's and 347's but there not exactly strict with allocating the hybrids so I guess it's a wait and see, but a very reliable Ashton driver did mention they were waiting some exciting deliveries so I guess this is them.
SN16OTS does have USB charging points.
(19/05/2016 19:38)Dentonian Wrote:  Depending on the amount AZ are receiving, then 216 & 330 would be the obvious choice. For opposing reasons, I can't see the "business case" for putting better (real or perceived) buses on the 347 in particular. This route primarily serves a large, low car ownership mixed private/council housing estate, who's loyalty to the bus has been unswerving for many decades, no matter how bad the service has been - and that dig isn't specifically at Stagecoach, btw! Haughton Green is the epitome of the "captive market".

31 for Ashton and a handfull for Hyde Road and Stockport (I forgot exact numbers), but Ashton is deffiantly expecting 31.
I wonder when they've been delivered how long before one will appear on 183s, I think someone on here will know the driver I'm talking about who might try and get one allocated to his duty
(20/05/2016 05:44)M60lad Wrote:  I wonder when they've been delivered how long before one will appear on 183s, I think someone on here will know the driver I'm talking about who might try and get one allocated to his duty

Dosen't the 183 work onto a school? I can hear the criticisim now if one ended up on a school Smile
To be honest the most damage is done on the 219, so as long as they keep them off the 219 they should remain in good condition.
(20/05/2016 07:17)joe_alker Wrote:  To be honest the most damage is done on the 219, so as long as they keep them off the 219 they should remain in good condition.

I agree with you regarding the 219 but I do think the hybrids were better looked after at Hyde Road. Obviously vandalism is one thing but I was ok a 216 a few Sundays ago which was worked by a hybrid and there was some worrying clunking noises coming from the back of the bus when it braked. It just send like there worked harder at AZ.
(20/05/2016 05:44)M60lad Wrote:  I wonder when they've been delivered how long before one will appear on 183s, I think someone on here will know the driver I'm talking about who might try and get one allocated to his duty

I know who you mean Big Grin

User(s) browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)