Current time: 16/05/2024, 16:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(31/03/2016 13:29)mbonwick Wrote:  The difference is that Darts are in demand; they're great on fuel, parts are plentiful and cheap. Compare that to the thirsty Scanias which were never that popular, with expensive spares and bodies that are known to be more akin to sieves...

They are hiddious vehiches but won't there come a point sooner or later when stagecoach decide to simply scrap them, then it kind of seems a bit pointless doing loads of hours of work on them getting them MOT worthy only for them to be sat in the corner of a depot doing nothing. It's not if they are out making money When they are road worthy - infact I've forgotten the last time they actually saw passenger use.

It will be interesting to see what becomes of the Primo's. A friend of mine who works at Middleton told me soon after the JPT takeover that the only reason the Primo's were even painted into stagecoach livery was because no other groups wanted them and they were valued at a much higher price than any operator or dealer would be willing to pay. Nothing much has changed in the last couple of years so will be interesting to see where they end up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(31/03/2016 19:09)Mayneway Wrote:  It will be interesting to see what becomes of the Primo's. A friend of mine who works at Middleton told me soon after the JPT takeover that the only reason the Primo's were even painted into stagecoach livery was because no other groups wanted them and they were valued at a much higher price than any operator or dealer would be willing to pay. Nothing much has changed in the last couple of years so will be interesting to see where they end up.

Running up and down the cobbles as extras on Corrie...
Some the Primos do have use on Middletons Tendered Services but they are awful from a Passenger point of view, Seats are not comfy and you can feel every little bump in the road

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(31/03/2016 19:56)T42 PVM Wrote:  Some the Primos do have use on Middletons Tendered Services but they are awful from a Passenger point of view, Seats are not comfy and you can feel every little bump in the road

I was told at least 4 of the Primo's are at Wigan withdrawn.
A couple are in Reserve yes as not as many are required at Middleton anymore, unless they plan to bring a couple back for the 64 Service

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I was sat in a cafe in Grange over Sands on Wednesday afternoon having a coffee prior to going on to Cartmel when a bus sailed past going the same way. It was 22149,long since late of this parish-the survivor of the ''cull''. Then saw it again later on in Kendal and again yesterday. It sounded happy as Larry.What a great pity it is that some of the ''others'' are not still around.
Seems to be a large rail replacement operation based on Manchester Victoria today, noted there were 19178/19226/19450/19634/19631/17578/19252/17616/19518/17241. I suspect there were quite a few more as I was only there for about 30 minutes.......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(01/04/2016 18:40)gka472l Wrote:  Seems to be a large rail replacement operation based on Manchester Victoria today, noted there were 19178/19226/19450/19634/19631/17578/19252/17616/19518/17241. I suspect there were quite a few more as I was only there for about 30 minutes.......

It's been going on all week.
From some observations it seems Ashton are doing most of the Victoria to stalybridge section, not sure evict depots are doing the rest but I suspect Hyde road are doing most.
19177 Magic Bus on the 237s today
(01/04/2016 22:21)Mayneway Wrote:  It's been going on all week.
From some observations it seems Ashton are doing most of the Victoria to stalybridge section, not sure evict depots are doing the rest but I suspect Hyde road are doing most.

I noted the two Middleton Magics out last weekend, and the back of the depot was empty of deckers this morning, so I suspect that they are out again

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)