Current time: 16/05/2024, 22:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(05/12/2015 21:46)Dentonian Wrote:  Poor allocation given it wasn't even a week day peak working. However, can you confirm it was 17497? This bus has never been branded for the 141, and had recently moved from Middleton. It was expected to go to Wigan, but an "internal source" on another list stated that it was in Hyde Road workshop having its central doors removed, before eturning to Middleton!

I was quite surprised when this bus turned up on the 169 on Thursday lunchtime as I wasn't aware Hyde Road had any dual door Tridents in Corporate livery. Im a big fan of Tridents anyway but this was very similar internally to 18110/18111, just need the ugly centre door removing to finish them off.

The driver didn't use the centre doors but I did notice that he kept having to open them to switch off the 'bus stopping' sign as it didn't go off when using the front door.

Being slightly lazy, although the fleetcard dosen't give much away any, how many of this batch of dual door Tridents are in the Manchester fleet, magic/corp and how many so far have been converted to single door? And I know originally the plan was not to convert any but obviously plans change so will they all be converted to single door?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
A quick snap of Cambridge's 22321 and 22322 on the pumps at HE - 22323 and 22324 are parked in front of 22322 - all waiting to go through the system to be parked up for the day before resuming their journey up to Scotland tomorrow.

[Image: 6197728_orig.jpg]
Did see 22321 go past me this afternoon heading down Oldham Road towards Manchester. Was wondering whether it was heading off to Hyde Road depot or not.
(06/12/2015 10:28)Dentonian Wrote:  I think the original plan was that all these 2dr Tridents would be for MagicBus ops - mainly 141. Those that weren't needed for the original 141 (incl. 17497) were then sent to Middleton. This year, the 141 was cut back to West Didsbury (at 11 days notice, rather than the legally required 56!), saving three buses which were then sent to Merseyside on loan. On their return, they are being repainted into fleet livery and (supposedly) being converted to single door. It was also believed that 17484/97 would be similarly treated before moving to Wigan. 17484 seems to have made the journey - albeit the only confirmation came when someone on this forum said it had broken down there - but 17497 was then reported as due to return to Middleton (as a single-door bus). Clearly, plans have changed again.

As such, apart from those that are 141 branded, which will probably remain two door, info on the other buses brought in after Glasgow 2014 remains sketchy. AFAIK, none have had the centre door completely removed, and the only ones reported in fleet livery are 17484/97/504

I noted 17484 in single door configuration and corporate livery at Middleton some little time ago. I believe that a couple more may have been converted as well, including 17504.
Bit of a weird question chaps so bear with me! I know there's a £1 charge for taking dogs on stagecoach buses, some drivers waive it & others are a bit funny about dogs on their buses for obvious reasons - people allergic/scared/dogs making muck etc etc.

However would they be willing to do a dog day saver ticket? I use the buses loads & if i'm making multiple trips across town the cost of the dog fares soon mount up. If they did say a 3 or 4 quid dog day saver it'd make it a helluva lot more cost effective/cheaper for their customers which is surely what they want as a fair few folks take dogs out with em now.
(07/12/2015 10:39)33109 Wrote:  Bit of a weird question chaps so bear with me! I know there's a £1 charge for taking dogs on stagecoach buses, some drivers waive it & others are a bit funny about dogs on their buses for obvious reasons - people allergic/scared/dogs making muck etc etc.

However would they be willing to do a dog day saver ticket? I use the buses loads & if i'm making multiple trips across town the cost of the dog fares soon mount up. If they did say a 3 or 4 quid dog day saver it'd make it a helluva lot more cost effective/cheaper for their customers which is surely what they want as a fair few folks take dogs out with em now.

I've heard somebody mention this before.
Surly if you boarded with a dog and asked to buy an adult day rider for the dog would they really refuse?
Looks like the B10M's might have been withdrawn at Stockport as this afternoon an ALX MAN worked the 700 Bluecoat service - I noticed it running out of glossop dead with blinds still set!
Given the tightness of the bridge and the massive rear overhang on MANs I would have thought these would be the last buses they would choose to use but it obviously got over the bridge fine.
Got told at weekend that apparently Stagecoach Manchester are going to be involved in this weekends Rail Replacements between Manchester and Bolton and will probably be using double deckers on the services, I'm guessing some of them will be the 141 branded Tridents which aren't used at weekends and others will be Enviro400s.

Regarding the B10M situation at Stockport could I be right in thinking that the Stockport B10Ms might have gone upto Scotland to help with the situation up there
(08/12/2015 07:18)M60lad Wrote:  Got told at weekend that apparently Stagecoach Manchester are going to be involved in this weekends Rail Replacements between Manchester and Bolton and will probably be using double deckers on the services, I'm guessing some of them will be the 141 branded Tridents which aren't used at weekends and others will be Enviro400s.

Probably will be Enviro400s on Rail Replacements and the 141 tridents appearing on the 168/9 again
(07/12/2015 10:39)33109 Wrote:  However would they be willing to do a dog day saver ticket?

They could call it a rover ticket..............lol

User(s) browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)