Current time: 16/05/2024, 10:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
27825 now has a Rear advert for Fostering and I think a 200 has the advert too also oddly there's an eclipse about to depart on the 626 it's 21247 and also there was an enviro 400 mmc on the 610 just also spotted another eclipse on the 621 also

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
One of HE's Enviro400's badly vandalised tonight on the 201 in hattersley. Apparently a group of masked youths smashed virtually every window on the bus. Not sure if any passengers were on board at the time but from the distance the bus looked a mess. Seems to happen every winter up there but will be interesting to see if Stagecoach re-route the 201 again like last year to try and deter such incidents.
(08/11/2015 22:51)SLTRegular Wrote:  27825 now has a Rear advert for Fostering and I think a 200 has the advert too also oddly there's an eclipse about to depart on the 626 it's 21247 and also there was an enviro 400 mmc on the 610 just also spotted another eclipse on the 621 also

27825 has had that advert for at least a year now, none of the Enviro200 have rear adverts unless you count 36780 (Wigan Rider)
(10/11/2015 20:12)Dentonian Wrote:  Are 12087-90 proving troublesome, or has a passenger complained that they were confused between Woodsmoor and Woodsthorpe?

The SYPTE network review of Sheffield has reduced the PVR of the E400H operated services, while increasing the requirement of some more interurban services (for which E400Hs are unsuited). Thus, a straight swap with 19510-3 from Manchester.
(10/11/2015 01:29)Mayneway Wrote:  One of HE's Enviro400's badly vandalised tonight on the 201 in hattersley. Apparently a group of masked youths smashed virtually every window on the bus. Not sure if any passengers were on board at the time but from the distance the bus looked a mess. Seems to happen every winter up there but will be interesting to see if Stagecoach re-route the 201 again like last year to try and deter such incidents.

Stagecoach did say on Twitter that they were terminating the 201s at Hyde for the rest of the evening after the incident. Nothing mentioned since about plans, so presumably they're carrying on as normal in the evenings.

https://twitter.com/StagecoachGM/status/...3438499841
https://twitter.com/StagecoachGM/status/...9593021440
(11/11/2015 19:53)SF07 Wrote:  Stagecoach did say on Twitter that they were terminating the 201s at Hyde for the rest of the evening after the incident. Nothing mentioned since about plans, so presumably they're carrying on as normal in the evenings.

https://twitter.com/StagecoachGM/status/...3438499841
https://twitter.com/StagecoachGM/status/...9593021440

Apparently the vandalism involved a number of buses and not just one so sounds like the idiots were targeting buses one after the other. It's a miracle no one was killed or seriously injured.

I've used the late evening 201's in the past and even after 22:00 buses are quite busy so I'm sure people trying I travel beyond Hyde were unconvinced quite a bit - no doubt taxi drivers were smiling that night.
(12/11/2015 20:08)Dentonian Wrote:  This is standard behaviour for such sc*m. Don't be fooled by stories such as the one in North Manchester where the Police have visited numerous schools following missile attacks on "motorists", it is normal for buses to be singled out for attacks, even when on busy roads with cars and lorries around. This has been going on for many years in Hattersley, which is regarded as a no-go area by GMP, and quite frankly if I was a car-less Council Tax payer in Hattersley, I would withhold the element that goes to GMP.

Couldn't agree with you more Dentonian.
As someone with several family members who work in various police forces, I'm sad to say that cuts or no cuts the police have become a joke.
You ring to report a burglary or mugging, brief details are taken by the call handler, your given a crime reference number and are given an appointment to attend your police station 3 or 4 days later to give a statement etc yet as if often the case I witnessed very recently two police officers sat in a marked car, just off the A57 in Glossop, discretly concealed in an entrance to an industrial estate, engine running, lights off, for 2 hours to catch one speeding motorist and issue him/her with a £60 fixed penalty notice!
So until bricking a bus becomes an offence that can be dealt with on the spot by handing out a fixed penalty notice with little or no paper trail the police are simply not interested.

What gets my is these clowns throwing the bricks think their having a go at Stagecoach by playing these games but it's actually the passengers forced to make other arrangements to get to work/home that are put out.
(13/11/2015 10:45)Dentonian Wrote:  Not sure I necessarily agree with speeding motorist not being punished - especially in built up areas with pedestrians around. I think that argument should be kept for Motorways. And FPNs certainly AREN'T money making schemes. If they were, GMP would base officers in Piccadilly and all points half a mile East and South and concentrate on illegal cyclists. That would rake in £6,000 in two hours, not £60!
As for brick throwers thinking they are targetting Stagecoach, I don't know that that is true either. As these terrorist attacks do not register on the Police's radar or public/politicians psyche - until they extend to trams and private cars - there has been no interest in researching their motivation. These people are psychotic and from the experience of Global Terrorism, they are normally cowards and bullies with extreme neo-fascist tendencies. Therefore, it could be that the simply see public transport users' as weak, inferior beings who need to be eliminated.

Again I tend to agree with you but I didn't nessecarly mean that FPN's were a way of making money, but it's a simple task that's solved on the spot and boosts figures. The officer moved onto the next job or FPN straight away and there's no paper trail and more importantly no investigating needed.
Yes speeding is still a crime but I for one would agrue that the time that is often spent waiting to catch speeders may be better spent dealing with crimes such as bricking bus windows.
Seen former Wigan 22241 X241 ATD operating out of Middleton today on the 112/114/118 Services, Did it have LEDs when it was with Wigan as thats what it was fitted with today?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
the 33 was operated by mmcs on Saturday

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)