Current time: 16/05/2024, 07:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
19192 on 7
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/12/2014 17:40)Mayneway Wrote:  It certainly was a condition of the contract as Bluebird acquired the B7, had it painted blue only then to have it painted magenta, however, not sure how accurate the information is but I have been told any vehicle can now be used as long as it carries internal and external Salford uni ads.
The B7 has apparently been withdrawn completely from service.

passed the B7 on the 80 this evening, so it's still hanging on.
Interesting allocation this morning as spotted Enviro200 36096 heading up Oxford Road operating on the 38 to Farnworth. May have had a 76-branded Enviro400 on the route too.

Also, I'm sure I saw the WiFi logo on a Magic Bus this morning.
(08/12/2014 20:05)SF07 Wrote:  Interesting allocation this morning as spotted Enviro200 36096 heading up Oxford Road operating on the 38 to Farnworth. May have had a 76-branded Enviro400 on the route too.

Also, I'm sure I saw the WiFi logo on a Magic Bus this morning.

You probably did.
Wifi is slowly being rolled out across the Manchrster fleet. Some of the Enviro400s have been done at AZ and I've also noticed a couple of HEs now also carrying the wifi logo.
I haven't seen any single deckers with it, although in told the older Magic Tridents (and presumably corporate too!) and S, T and X reg MANs won't be done as thier time here is limited shall we say.

Got to say it's good when it works but it seems as patchy as the heating on some buses.

It's also another way to tempt students on to Stagecoach services over Firsts as I haven't seen much of thier fleet with wifi fitted.
Why do I doubt they will install WiFi on Middleton depot's buses.......
(08/12/2014 21:39)Dentonian Wrote:  Don't see why not, if Ashton is getting it.

From what I've been told it's now company policy that ALL vehicles regardless of size will be fitted with wifi as long as there under a certain age bracket - presumably vehicles earmarked for cascade or disposal over the next 6/12 months won't.

This should also determine whether the loaned vehicles are here to stay or not. If their fitted with wifi it surly means their staying - if thier left out along with older 'Manchester' vehicles it suggests thier departure is imminent.
Seen a picture of 17501 in the papers today without a roof, appears it went under a railway bridge in Birkenhead while on a rail replacement service. A spokesman said "safety is our absolute priority".
(08/12/2014 22:47)Owl Wrote:  Seen a picture of 17501 in the papers today without a roof, appears it went under a railway bridge in Birkenhead while on a rail replacement service. A spokesman said "safety is our absolute priority".
In St Paul's Rd,Rock Ferry to be precise.
(07/12/2014 21:30)Mayneway Wrote:  I believe it's actually a red herring. Not sure why it's appeared (probably down to VOSA), but it goes back several years. Bluebird registered a 114 in the same registration as the 112 but I carnt remember if it actually got tried or not but I am reliably informed it's simply a registration error.
Are the changes to 112/114/118 major or just slight route/timetable amendments?
Sharston depot's 19471 broke down at the traffic lights outside the Fir Tree pub on Gorton Road at about 7.45 this morning, causing rush hour chaos. Traffic was backed up for miles as 2 lanes became 1.
I am presuming this was doing the 84 at the time.

User(s) browsing this thread: 23 Guest(s)