Current time: 16/05/2024, 22:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
The two oddball buses aren't too old so its a shame they can't find homes in the Stagecoach family or perhaps to a different company, I know they are odd but so are the Spectra's, but they soldier on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/10/2014 18:03)Polo Mint Wrote:  The two oddball buses aren't too old so its a shame they can't find homes in the Stagecoach family or perhaps to a different company, I know they are odd but so are the Spectra's, but they soldier on.

They won't sell as due to thier age and the amount of work Stagecoach have done to them thier value on paper is a lot higher than any other opetator will be willing to pay just like the situation with the Primo's.

I seem to remember it was always issues with the bodies that meant these buses spent a lot of time off the road. They did have some modifications done at either Charles St or Daw Bank soon after the Mayne's takeover but I think they still have been dogged with problems. 28507 always seemed to have problems with the kneeling suspension at the front and I remember it actually getting stuck very low on one occasion while in Ashton bus station a few years ago.

Their horrid buses though. Ok at the front but the rear and inside's are just odd. I think Maynes only acquired them as they got a good deal on them.
Im led to believe it made it out in service but then broke down and towed back to the depot not long after that.
(23/10/2014 21:25)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Im led to believe it made it out in service but then broke down and towed back to the depot not long after that.

Sounds about right
Bit of a false start then...
(23/10/2014 13:56)joe_alker Wrote:  28507 needs quite a bit of work to be roadworthy, as I visited last week.

[Image: 15422103648_0c87d23812.jpg]

Here is a shot when I spotted 28507 being towed to Ashton back in March
[Image: 15616701585_1ec262432c_z.jpg]
Benzo94

I have joined Flickr and uploaded some photos for Stagecoach
Caught a brief glimpse of a ex-JPT Primo in Stagecoach colours running out of service heading towards Middleton depot. Look quite reasonably good in Stagecoach livery.
(25/10/2014 17:29)SF07 Wrote:  Caught a brief glimpse of a ex-JPT Primo in Stagecoach colours running out of service heading towards Middleton depot. Look quite reasonably good in Stagecoach livery.

Apparently one of the two painted into Stagecoach livery has now had an assault screen and ticket machine fitted and is being used in service.
(27/08/2014 07:30)M60lad Wrote:  22401 is currently off the road at Middleton Depot after suffering a minor engine fire while it was out in service on 171s on Sunday afternoon
22401 has now been repaired after 2 months of being VOR. It's had a rear repaint, complete rewire in the engine
bay and an engine overhaul. It should be leaving Wigan depot to Stockport next week
Hi does anybody know how many veichles hyde rd can hold approx and sharston, thanks in advance

User(s) browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)