Current time: 16/05/2024, 12:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I'm sorry but from where I was looking it looked like a moan. I had my first day routing and found it completely exhausting. If I had the busses I would (probably) stick to keeping branded busses on their intended routes but seeing as I've had no busses, I've got no choice. Anyone lucky enough to be in the right place yesterday would have seen 36095 working the 197s at one point... that's how stretched I've been.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/09/2014 18:48)R971XVM Wrote:  I'm sorry but from where I was looking it looked like a moan. I had my first day routing and found it completely exhausting. If I had the busses I would (probably) stick to keeping branded busses on their intended routes but seeing as I've had no busses, I've got no choice. Anyone lucky enough to be in the right place yesterday would have seen 36095 working the 197s at one point... that's how stretched I've been.

Personally it didn't rasa to me like anyone was having a moan at you. It read like someone making an observation. I think most locally based enthusiasts understand that Stagecoach are slightly overstretched so it's expected that certain buses could turn up anywhere and if anything it makes things more interesting - from the enthusiast point of view. From the passengers point of view they will just be glad a bus has turned up regardless of branding Smile
(27/09/2014 19:08)Mayneway Wrote:  From the passengers point of view they will just be glad a bus has turned up regardless of branding Smile

I Think this is just main point in everything,yes stagecoach are abit overstretched at moment but as long as some sort of bus turns up i dont think most people will care about the branding.I Think more people would be moaning if over twitter stagecoach put "we are sorry to say some journeys will not run this evening due to only other route branded vehicles being available"
(27/09/2014 19:22)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  I Think this is just main point in everything,yes stagecoach are abit overstretched at moment but as long as some sort of bus turns up i dont think most people will care about the branding.I Think more people would be moaning if over twitter stagecoach put "we are sorry to say some journeys will not run this evening due to only other route branded vehicles being available"

Couldn't have put it better myself Smile
I can only agree that Stagecoach are at full stretch at the moment especially yesterday as you had the following going on as well as the roadworks:

1> A number of buses lost to the Ryder Cup
2> Bolton at home needing 3 buses from Middleton Depot
3> Man Utd at home which utilities a number of HE vehicles and vehicles from other depots for extra 255/256s to/from Old Trafford

So I do feel for the routers who route out the buses every night as they need to know what buses they can use and what buses they can't and if they can use a bus does have it to be in for a certain time due to inspections/MOTs etc
If Hyde Road is going all double deck then what about smaller routes like the 78 or the 291?

Also does anyone have the full list of new Magic Buses used for route 141?
(28/09/2014 12:50)Polo Mint Wrote:  If Hyde Road is going all double deck then what about smaller routes like the 78 or the 291?

Also does anyone have the full list of new Magic Buses used for route 141?

291 already gets it fare share of DDs & 78 they could just move back to Middleton
Noticed in Stockport on 203s yesterday afternoon was the oldest bus at Hyde Road Depot 17612, guessing not all Enviro400s are back in service following The Ryder Cup yet, either that or the usual situation of problems caused by the never ending roadworks at Denton Island.

Speaking of roadworks the following as appeared on Stagecoach Manchester's website regarding the roadworks on A580:

Due to the escalation of the roadwork’s on the East Lancs Road (A580) we are experiencing exceptional delays to services using the road and also services around the Salford and Swinton area.

From w/c 29/9 the roadworks will see the lanes cut down to one each way to facilitate the ongoing works that the road has seen over the past 6 months.

We are working hard with both the contractors and local authorities to try to minimise the problems however the volume of traffic in the area is now causing major congestion at peak times with journey times being doubled on our services.

We are using extra resources to try to get people in and out of the City but any extra buses we use and then getting stuck in the same traffic and this is create delays in services of up to 45 minutes at times.

Please bare with us as we try our hardest to keep disruption to a minimum. We are looking at diverting services at busy times and request that your follow us on twitter @stagecoachGM to be kept up to date with problems on these services.

If you have any queries please feel free to speak to our duty Inspectors in Piccadilly, Leigh and Wigan who will try to answer any questions you may have.

Thank you for your patience.
Noticed on Monday that the 203 had a 76-branded Enviro400 operating on the route.
(01/10/2014 06:55)M60lad Wrote:  Noticed in Stockport on 203s yesterday afternoon was the oldest bus at Hyde Road Depot 17612, guessing not all Enviro400s are back in service following The Ryder Cup yet, either that or the usual situation of problems caused by the never ending roadworks at Denton Island.

Aren't 13995/6 the oldest there or are they based at Sharston?

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)