Current time: 16/05/2024, 19:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(28/08/2014 08:06)Dentonian Wrote:  New one on me too! What seems more likely is that all the new ones will go to Stockport, and once the MANs are ousted, there would still be some older ones ('59 reg) available for transfer. I wouldn' be surprised if 36416-9 returned to Ashton, allowing them to remove MANs as well. Also, as ST have a surplus of 'deckers (19343 on 317 yesterday), they may release a few Enviro400s to get rid of the remaining MANs at Hyde Road

That sounds logical. The new batch is or certainly was destined for Stockport to replace the remaining MANs in use there (do we know how many are still there?), I would imagine most will go directly to Middleton, some perhaps temporarily while former JPT vehicles that are staying are painted.

I hadn't given any thought to the older Enviro200's. I just don't think that AZ has any use for them. Yes their seeing use at the moment on 236/237s and 347s but come September I would like to think the 236/237 will go double deck again with the start if the new term at Tameside college.
AZ also seem to like using the MANs with them doing regular workings on the 346/347's even when Enviro200s are available. Capacity wise their isn't that much difference.

Will be interesting to see what goes where but I carnt see Middleton getting the best of the bunch!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There isn't an excess of spare deckers at Stockport, so unlikely that any will move.

There are 31 MANs currently allocated, so there's no way 21 Enviro200s will replace them all.
(28/08/2014 09:14)mbonwick Wrote:  There isn't an excess of spare deckers at Stockport, so unlikely that any will move.

There are 31 MANs currently allocated, so there's no way 21 Enviro200s will replace them all.

So most likely that only some older MANs will be displaced to Middleton with older Enviro200's staying put.
(28/08/2014 18:48)Dentonian Wrote:  Judging by the use of 'deckers on tendered routes like 317 & 370, it could be argued there is an excess of 'deckers at ST. Conversely, the 317 can struggle when Solos are allocated.

As regards MAN's, I was thinking in terms of the remaining S & T reg examples throughout the company being replaced, rather than the newer ones.

The 347 is a funny one. The Ashton Enviro200s were launched in a blaze of glory back in 2011 by the local MP, Councillor and then Opposition spokesperson for Buses. They were specifically for use on 236/7 & 347. Presumably, not long after, someone realised there was a reason why the 347 (and its antecedents) had been run with double-decker buses, trolleybuses and trams (in reverse order) for the previous eight decades or more, and the Enviro400s crept back on there.

Some of the 'S' reg's sound/run much better than quite a few of the 'X' 's
From what I've heard there where originally six Primo's, but on the NWbus fleet list there only five (49892-49896) does anyone know where the other is?
(28/08/2014 09:14)mbonwick Wrote:  There isn't an excess of spare deckers at Stockport, so unlikely that any will move.

Not all 31 MANs need replacing,theres currently 9 06regs (1 currently in repair) & 8 54reg ones all DDA so the only need 15 to replace the S/X Reg ones leaving 6 Enviro200s,now the fleetlist ive got shows 6 Non DDA ALX300s at Middleton (22131,145,158,163/5,182) so it could work out 6 Enviros go to Middleton
(28/08/2014 19:15)VolvoB10M Wrote:  From what I've heard there where originally six Primo's, but on the NWbus fleet list there only five (49892-49896) does anyone know where the other is?

I saw 49891 in service last Thursday, in the Fallowfield area.
(28/08/2014 19:21)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Not all 31 MANs need replacing,theres currently 9 06regs (1 currently in repair) & 8 54reg ones all DDA so the only need 15 to replace the S/X Reg ones leaving 6 Enviro200s,now the fleetlist ive got shows 6 Non DDA ALX300s at Middleton (22131,145,158,163/5,182) so it could work out 6 Enviros go to Middleton

I think you've hit the nail on the head. From what I've been told this afternoon several Enviro200s will transfer to Middleton with no MANs expected to go. Apparently from Sunday a number of Middletons MANs will be used on tenders - I assume this is down to age as I carnt think of any other reason hence the need for younger Enviro200's.
(28/08/2014 18:48)Dentonian Wrote:  The 347 is a funny one. The Ashton Enviro200s were launched in a blaze of glory back in 2011 by the local MP, Councillor and then Opposition spokesperson for Buses. They were specifically for use on 236/7 & 347. Presumably, not long after, someone realised there was a reason why the 347 (and its antecedents) had been run with double-decker buses, trolleybuses and trams (in reverse order) for the previous eight decades or more, and the Enviro400s crept back on there.

I remember the press launch well. It was a good couple of weeks after they arrived that they entered service, never was too sure of the reasons for the wait, but originally they were intended for use on the 346/347 only with them then being used on evening services.
At the same time in much less of a blaze of glory the 236/237 was intended to go completely Enviro400 operated, mainly as a result of the loss of the 397 in Glossop. With the MANs only operating 217/218s. That plan didn't last long and MANs abs indeed deckers started to apear on the 347 due to capacity issues although funily enough there has never been capacity issues in recent years on the 347 - according to stagecoach anyway Smile
22404 is back on the road after having its new exhaust fitted the other day, also I forget which one it was but one of the high bridge ex London Tridents was out on X57s yesterday morning it was doing the 10:05 service from Piccadilly.

User(s) browsing this thread: 40 Guest(s)