Current time: 17/05/2024, 17:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(27/08/2014 19:10)Dentonian Wrote:  ...there are only five (except Jpt) in a fleet of over 700!

I know of 16797/8/9 but what are the other 2?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The pair of ex-JPT Leyland Olympians.

The Enviro200s won't be in service until next week as they're on 64 plates.
Are R982 XVM & R983 XVM still going?
ST59 JPT now has Stagecoach logos on the front and back of the vehicle in place of the JPT logo.
(27/08/2014 19:26)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Are R982 XVM & R983 XVM still going?

Yes, there's those as well.
What routes do they run?
(27/08/2014 19:41)VolvoB10M Wrote:  What routes do they run?

Thier retained by Stockport depot for the 700 Bluecoat school service, I think as they pass under a low bridge but they occasionally apear on peak extras but not often sadly.
(27/08/2014 19:10)Dentonian Wrote:  Bearing in mind we are still in the school holidays, its hoped the influx of new buses (at least 10 of Stockport's Enviro200s had reached Hyde Road by Sunday) will be in service PDQ. After many years of waiting for complaints that TFGM wrongly show First services as low-floor on Bus Guides, its suddenly become a problem with Stagecoach - and there are only five (except Jpt) in a fleet of over 700! What happened to the MAN's that were in and out of the Reserve fleet?

I had this debate with someone earlier on today regarding the use of high floor elderly deckers. Forgetting about the 2 B10Ms at Stockport there seems to be rougly 5 Olympians in use at Middleton. On paper at least their are 5 low floor vehicles in reserve at Wigan that could be used. There's also the 5 Tridents at AZ that have seen very little use since the schools finished in July, and given that Middleton apparently use them for football duties surly it would make more sense to let Middleton operate the former JPT schools and have the Tridents which can still be used on schools but can also be used at peak.

I would have thought that once the CMA gave the green light the two elderly Olympians would have quicky disapeared but the way things are going they will probably gain Stagecoach vinyls.
Middleton depot will be gaining some of the 64 plate enviro 200s
Most of the services inc.the commercial ones could happily run on 200s, 47 capacity...
(28/08/2014 05:28)jimbo Wrote:  Middleton depot will be gaining some of the 64 plate enviro 200s
Most of the services inc.the commercial ones could happily run on 200s, 47 capacity...

Are you sure?
I thought they were all destined for Stockport.
I was told quite recently that Middleton wouldn't get any new vehicles long term until the yard was resurfaced.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)