Current time: 16/05/2024, 10:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(25/06/2014 08:23)Dentonian Wrote:  First I've heard they are for MagicBus! More than likely, they are loans until Sheffield Supertram work is finished and/or Jpt is sorted out.

Don't forget, the Magic Buses are running a bit short atm. Same reason why the Spectras were repainted, and Enviro400s appear regularly on 142/3, and even 80022 has appeared
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/06/2014 11:19)joe_alker Wrote:  Don't forget, the Magic Buses are running a bit short atm. Same reason why the Spectras were repainted.

Also, with the planned increase in Magicbus operations to combat First operation of service 42

I travelled on new service 38, between Manchester & Farnworth the other day, apart from me, there were only four other passengers, a waste of use of a double decker. So far I have been unable to sample First service 42, due to the streetlites always being full.
(25/06/2014 20:51)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  So far I have been unable to sample First service 42, due to the streetlites always being full.

They've been empty when I get them in the afternoon.
(25/06/2014 18:38)Dentonian Wrote:  Maybe so, but the Enviro400s and 80022 are not specifically for MagicBus. And the inferrence of "for MagicBus" is buses to be repainted for permanent use on MagicBus. Talking of unusual workings, I've saw Hybrid 12216 on the 322 a couple of hours ago!

The thing is, vehicle shortages are shortages, and comprimises have to be made. Yes, the 142/3 should be 100% Magic Bus, but in reality it isn't always possible. And at the moment, there is no way they can add to the fleet as doing so would require taking buses out of service for repaints, and anyway there is a limit to how many more buses are left before it means that Enviro400s have to be repainted. Although, if the JPT takeover goes ahead, it is probable that the B7s and Tridents will be transferred for Magic Bus services.
Tridents for MagicBus - yes.
B7TLs - no, they're too non-standard.
(26/06/2014 11:39)mbonwick Wrote:  Tridents for MagicBus - yes.
B7TLs - no, they're too non-standard.

I thought that the Magic Bus was basically a dumping ground for non-standard buses, hence use of Plaxton Presidents, and Lolynes
Presidents and Lolynes are hardly the most common body types in the group, I agree, but they're far from being oddballs.

Remember that underneath them, all the MagicBuses (bar the 2 Spectras) are Trident based, so are mechanically similar.
Saw 12221 on the X57 just after lunchtime.
Heres a question its a bit random but why don't buses have an ignition key like coaches do? For example Volvo B10M coaches have an ignition key like a car, but most buses excluding varios, have a button or a knob, like the 10-reg+ Enviro's have two buttons which must be pressed to start the engine
(29/06/2014 17:30)acock5er96 Wrote:  Heres a question its a bit random but why don't buses have an ignition key like coaches do? For example Volvo B10M coaches have an ignition key like a car, but most buses excluding varios, have a button or a knob, like the 10-reg+ Enviro's have two buttons which must be pressed to start the engine
Halton transport in widnes have keys fitted but its one key fits all there buses so each driver as a key.

User(s) browsing this thread: 24 Guest(s)