Current time: 16/05/2024, 13:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Not sure on fleet numbers as only seen photos but apparently 38 branded vehicles have already started wondering as at least 2 of them are on Parklife Shuttles today amongst other Enviro 400s
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/06/2014 15:26)Dentonian Wrote:  A friend who worked for Stagecoach - but is sadly no longer with us - told me that the 168/9 is one of those routes that only ever needs 'deckers at school times, and that fortunately (a few years ago, at least) the same workings used to get school loads both morning and evening, so most workings could get away with MANs. Having said that, whilst in Ashton last Saturday, I only saw Enviro400s on the routes.

Indeed once open a time 168/169's were entirely Volvo B10Ms which suited the service well but then Stagecoach started using the long Alexander bodied P and S reg Olympians which to be honest always seemed like over kill.

It's a strange service the 168/169 as it can be 100% Enviro400's then it's swamped with Tridents, but as I say Saturdays have seen MANs doing some workings now that all the Magic work has gone to Sharston.

I came home a couple of hours ago on 22144 in the 168, which was full of internal Stagecoach Wigan adverts so I'm guessing its been up there a while.
(07/06/2014 13:39)Dentonian Wrote:  Just two ex Jpt B7s have been reported in service with Stagecoach; PL51 LDY & PN02 XBV. Not sure how long these would last either, as non standard and (by Stagecoach M'cr standards) elderly 'deckers.

For anyone chasing 80022 or anything else of interest on the 203, it interworks with 201s on Mon-Sat daytime, and additionally with 204s on Eves/Sundays.

80022 was on the X57 yesterday morning.
(05/06/2014 21:28)Mayneway Wrote:  It has been suggested to me tonight that FM36 is being used as a courtesy bus while another is away being repaired.

FM36 noted on Northenden Road in Sale Moor (Not in service) yesterday (6/6) at approx. 13:35.
Anyone got the latest fleetlist that they can email to me as an attachment please:
aaron.cocker96@gmail.com
Lastest fleetcard was uploaded to my site earlier this evening, if that helps.
(07/06/2014 23:50)mbonwick Wrote:  Lastest fleetcard was uploaded to my site earlier this evening, if that helps.
Have you got a web address for your site please?
(06/06/2014 19:39)Dentonian Wrote:  Yes - not the most reliable source. Is 19069 still at Exeter (lol)? Not to mention numerous errors involving First putting ex Glasgow Presidents in service at Bolton, and new Enviro400s for Queens Road.
Dentonian,
I know it's not the correct thread, but can you advise the "First group" mistakes on the UK Buses data base & I will correct them, possibly on the First Manchester thread?
Thanks in advance. Pete.
(08/06/2014 01:09)acocker96 Wrote:  Have you got a web address for your site please?

http://mbonwick.cu.cc/SCNW/Fleetcards
(07/06/2014 07:21)Owl Wrote:  Technically it is magenta, which is Salford University's colours, rather than red. It is looking rather weathered these days, hence the confusion. I wonder what will happen to it when Stagecoach have to repaint it.

16949 was repainted back into its all over red at Hyde Road as recently as September 2013 with the addition of a rear advert for Salford Uni, I don’t see it receiving another repaint any time soon.

Brian

User(s) browsing this thread: 22 Guest(s)