Current time: 16/05/2024, 06:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Quite. There's no suggestion that the bus was loaded incorrectly.

The size of chain you can wrap round the axle of a MAN to secure it is very limited, so in all honesty the chains probably broke.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/04/2014 16:51)mbonwick Wrote:  Vehicles coming into Manchester (all at HE unless stated) are;
10031 to Wigan (allows 19516 back to HE)
19017 from East Kent
19067/8 from East Scotland
19130 from West
19165 from East
19199 from North East.

19004/81/90/98 are listed as 'on loan' from Yorkshire. As all vehicles are on loan, I would guess that those from Yorkshire are only for a few weeks until Sheffield Supertram replacement start again, or enter the next phase.

Have been on both 19004 and 19081 on the X57 in the past 36 hours. 19004 seems to be the bus that keeps on coming back!
(21/05/2014 19:53)Dentonian Wrote:  I'm too lazy to scroll back, so just to point out that 19067 never made it to Manchester (contrary to what is says in Buses mag! - shame they have fallen for the "if its planned, it must have happened" school of reporting). 19047 came instead.

Talking of Hyde Road, I *think* 17010 has finally made it here, but still no sign of most of the surplus ones at ST coming across. I think they've gone to Ashton instead, though I don't know what they would be used on there. Peak hour 347s probably.

Which are the ''surplus ones at ST''? According to a list I've seen,19047 is at Preston.

19085 seems to be in the upper garage at ST a lot recently.
(21/05/2014 19:34)gilbert Wrote:  Have been on both 19004 and 19081 on the X57 in the past 36 hours. 19004 seems to be the bus that keeps on coming back!

Yes 19004 does seem to be a bit reluctant to untie itself from its Manchester roots Smile
I wonder if it'll now stay in Manchester for good and eventually at the end of its working life be preserved, as it was one of the first Enviro400's to come to Manchester. So in 10 years time, when the rest of the old dears end up on the scrap heap, that one will remain as a classic forever Smile
(21/05/2014 20:16)Dentonian Wrote:  Sorry, I should have clarified after mentioning 17010. I mean the surplus Tridents which, from memory are 17200/2/40/1/2 and possibly 17244. 17175/80/245 have made it to HE, whilst no one seems to want 17151.

17200 & 17202 and at least one other ex ST Trident are still at AZ. Mainly used on the former JPT school contracts I'm told.
The route 38 branding is looking very professional. Naturally the route is looking empty, but it is understandable in the first few weeks.

I am wondering where the enviro's came from to operate this long service? Are they ones displaced from the arrival of hybrids?
Vomit
(21/05/2014 23:29)Polo Mint Wrote:  The route 38 branding is looking very professional. Naturally the route is looking empty, but it is understandable in the first few weeks.

I am wondering where the enviro's came from to operate this long service? Are they ones displaced from the arrival of hybrids?

I think the displaced enviros where the 56-regs which were withdrawn or reserved after the hybrids arrived
(21/05/2014 23:29)Polo Mint Wrote:  The route 38 branding is looking very professional. Naturally the route is looking empty, but it is understandable in the first few weeks.

I agree regarding the branding. They have gone to town on marketing including having Key103 involved. I also like the way the branded buses also carry internal adverts for the 38, so you carnt actually escape the fact your travelling on a 38 Smile

I wonder how the £10 mega riders are doing, and if many people are buying one then jumping back off.

They were operating on Hyde Rd and Stockport routes. No.
(21/05/2014 20:15)ace Wrote:  Yes 19004 does seem to be a bit reluctant to untie itself from its Manchester roots Smile
I wonder if it'll now stay in Manchester for good and eventually at the end of its working life be preserved, as it was one of the first Enviro400's to come to Manchester. So in 10 years time, when the rest of the old dears end up on the scrap heap, that one will remain as a classic forever Smile

19001 was a lot better, makes more sense with it numerically the first of the batch and I always remember it having a very tidy interior.

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)