Current time: 16/05/2024, 07:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(11/03/2014 19:25)MX05 CKN Wrote:  Do ITV just ring Ashton depot up and ask to borrow the bus for the day?

not just the bus they have a driver specific for it too im told but yh ring up at least a week b4 so his roster is correct
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/03/2014 19:38)james Wrote:  not just the bus they have a driver specific for it too im told but yh ring up at least a week b4 so his roster is correct

It's the only manual bus left in the Stagecoach Manchester fleet, so there would be very few drivers able to drive it anyway. Nice way for the designated driver to mix with the stars Smile
As far as I know there's only a couple of drivers (including a friend of mine) who can actually drive the Corrie Bus, but as has already been said I think they have a regular driver that does the Corrie Scenes
Odd working from Stagecoach Middleton today saw one of their Hybrid Versa's out doing 17:25 77 Piccadilly-Chadderton service
(11/03/2014 22:33)M60lad Wrote:  As far as I know there's only a couple of drivers (including a friend of mine) who can actually drive the Corrie Bus, but as has already been said I think they have a regular driver that does the Corrie Scenes

originally last year there was 9 at az on a seperate roster of which a lot are at retirement age most did 390s with other duties (one being my mate who retired he had it most of the time now there is 6 left afaik left with the priveledge of 40660
Just got on 19523 which is operating the 32, and it's sounding very very rough

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
I am surprised that Stagecoach don't use a newer bus for the Coronation Street duties, that shed doesn't make the company look good.
(12/03/2014 14:34)Polo Mint Wrote:  I am surprised that Stagecoach don't use a newer bus for the Coronation Street duties, that shed doesn't make the company look good.

I imagine they used it on the old (3/4 scale) set because of its size, now that Corrie has a full size set including full width roads, they should use a newer bus.

[Image: tumblr_mxlljfQAtc1se7of4o1_500.png]
Jack
I did not even think of the size of the set, I just assumed it was to scale.

Often the Weatherfield Wayfarer logo isn't on the front and it still says Stagecoach, and its pretty obvious anyway by the livery. So from all this I always thought it was odd that Stagecoach didn't want to showcase newer buses to viewer.
(12/03/2014 18:47)Polo Mint Wrote:  I did not even think of the size of the set, I just assumed it was to scale.

Often the Weatherfield Wayfarer logo isn't on the front and it still says Stagecoach, and its pretty obvious anyway by the livery. So from all this I always thought it was odd that Stagecoach didn't want to showcase newer buses to viewer.

It is mainly down to the size of the bus. On the old Granada set the roads were very narrow and could only fit one vehicle on at a time and the problem with using something like a Solo was that from the front and back it looked very out of place but 40660 seems to suit the size better, although Stagecoach have used a Solo a couple of times and Bluebird used one of thier Solo SRs a couple of times two, all were either side shots or distant shots.

On the new set the roads have been built a lot wider so a larger mini bus could be used.

40660 never used to carry any Stagecoach fleetnames or even window decals for mega/day riders but rules on product and brand placement on TV has been relaxed so technically they can use a bus with fleetnames etc as if anything it makes the scene more aurthentic.

User(s) browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)