Current time: 16/05/2024, 03:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
One of the 50's was operated by one of the X50 branded buses this afternoon. I chuckled to myself & thought........all sorts of branded buses operate other routes, eg, 192 operating the 22 & 192 operating one of the other 20's, but I thought that X50 was so close to 50. Even though I'm sure it was just coincidence it was impressive.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/02/2014 18:22)acocker96 Wrote:  
(16/02/2014 17:44)ace Wrote:  Most of the tridents are either slow, or generally unreliable. If you go along Oxford Road and stay there for any length of time, you'll often see a Magic Bus broke down, though the worst ones are the ex London ones with reg numbers NNO, or should we say N N NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOL
Stotts have 3 Ex-Stagecoach Londonm Tridents, two are X-NNO. 1 is X352 NNO and I can't remember the number of the other but one is slow and the other is fast. We used to get them on our school bus which was run by Stotts the driver said the slow one only had a 3-litre engine because London is very flat so the fuel pump was set to limit the amound of fuel getting into the engine which is why they are so slow.

Stotts actually have 5 Tridents now.
Apparently the feeling is that the 51 reg performs a lot better than the two NNO examples so they have bought a further two 51 reg Tridents, with more expected over coming months.
interestingly last time I was up in Oldham the two NNO examples were still in London red while the 51 reg had received full livery so possibly the NNO examples aren't staying.

But getting back to Stagecoach, the recent ex London examples are slow and seem to lack power. They struggle on the 168/169 which is a flat route. The conversion to single door is also quite poor on some of them compared to others suggesting some were rushed into service. One even still has the glass panels between the seats were the centre door was.
(16/02/2014 22:37)VolvoB10M Wrote:  First's Enviro400's (SN12 batch) are Voith.

I'm pretty sure they are not, and in fact have the same ZF 6 AP 1200 B 'EcoLife' transmission as the Volvo B9TL's that are within the fleet.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
(16/02/2014 21:59)VolvoB10M Wrote:  If you where to tinker with the ECU and turn fuel injection right up would it end up smoking like a TL11 on a cold morning but with grey smoke?

I suspect the software wouldn't allow you to use settings that would cause the engine to breach emissions legislations. However, you're right that the smoke would be grey or black. Most likely grey at startup, then black

Grey - unburned diesel vapour, usually due to insufficient compression/low block temperature
Black - partially combusted hydrocarbons due to insufficient oxygen in cylinder
Blue - oil in combustion mix, probably due to piston rings being worn or engine breathing issues
(16/02/2014 23:51)Mayneway Wrote:  
(16/02/2014 18:22)acocker96 Wrote:  
(16/02/2014 17:44)ace Wrote:  Most of the tridents are either slow, or generally unreliable. If you go along Oxford Road and stay there for any length of time, you'll often see a Magic Bus broke down, though the worst ones are the ex London ones with reg numbers NNO, or should we say N N NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOL
Stotts have 3 Ex-Stagecoach Londonm Tridents, two are X-NNO. 1 is X352 NNO and I can't remember the number of the other but one is slow and the other is fast. We used to get them on our school bus which was run by Stotts the driver said the slow one only had a 3-litre engine because London is very flat so the fuel pump was set to limit the amound of fuel getting into the engine which is why they are so slow.

Stotts actually have 5 Tridents now.
Apparently the feeling is that the 51 reg performs a lot better than the two NNO examples so they have bought a further two 51 reg Tridents, with more expected over coming months.
interestingly last time I was up in Oldham the two NNO examples were still in London red while the 51 reg had received full livery so possibly the NNO examples aren't staying.

But getting back to Stagecoach, the recent ex London examples are slow and seem to lack power. They struggle on the 168/169 which is a flat route. The conversion to single door is also quite poor on some of them compared to others suggesting some were rushed into service. One even still has the glass panels between the seats were the centre door was.

I was never actually sure why the X-regs are still in red but the first 51-reg turned up in new livery it appeared twice on our school bus and it was strange because it carries 'beachball' interior and I always get on the 76 so it was weird. They also either 1 or 2 B10BLE's which also arrived in new livery.
(16/02/2014 22:35)P528LND Wrote:  I think what acocker96 is getting at is why they sound different gear-ratio wise.

acocker, buses tend to have different transmission sets (gearboxes) dependant on the operator. For example, Stagecoach use Voith solely on all new purchases, whereas First use ZF. Both are subject to vehicle type and what is suitable, i.e the new Wright Streetlites first have recently bought will not have a ZF transmission due to it not being an option by Wrightbus.

Stagecoach use a Voith transmission though on their Enviro400s, while First use a ZF 'Ecolife' transmission on theirs. Both make the buses sound totally different from each other. Smile

Hope this helps, and hope I'm on the right lines for you Smile

I thought it was something along those lines.
Regarding Stotts they only have one Volvo B10BLE Wrights from what I know and it does the same School's in the afternoon, not sure what its on in the morning but in the afternoon it does 182 Newman College-Shaw Wrens Nest
A few magic bus liveried buses in use on ex bluebird routes... bit weird, is this normal?
(17/02/2014 09:27)jimbo Wrote:  A few magic bus liveried buses in use on ex bluebird routes... bit weird, is this normal?
They have them for school services I usually see two in oldham I think they go oldham academy north
(17/02/2014 13:08)acocker96 Wrote:  
(17/02/2014 09:27)jimbo Wrote:  A few magic bus liveried buses in use on ex bluebird routes... bit weird, is this normal?
They have them for school services I usually see two in oldham I think they go oldham academy north

They had 3 Magic Bus Olympians allocated to Middleton for schools so I'm presuming as its half term there out on normal routes.

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)