Current time: 16/05/2024, 18:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(11/08/2013 06:54)M60lad Wrote:  Sorry to hear about this tragic accident but I'm yet another person who has been on crutches in the past and indeed it is difficult to get up/down stairs on a bus and the only time I would go upstairs is if the bus was stopped, I certainly didn't try it while the bus was moving

If I was on crutches I wouldnt even attempt to go upstairs... it is idiotic imo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/08/2013 15:04)jimbo Wrote:  
(11/08/2013 06:54)M60lad Wrote:  Sorry to hear about this tragic accident but I'm yet another person who has been on crutches in the past and indeed it is difficult to get up/down stairs on a bus and the only time I would go upstairs is if the bus was stopped, I certainly didn't try it while the bus was moving

If I was on crutches I wouldnt even attempt to go upstairs... it is idiotic imo

I agree in part but standing for any length of time on crutches isnt really an option and if no one was willing to give up a seat on the lower deck what was he meant to do?

Surly when the man boarded the bus the driver should have waited till he was seated before setting off?? It's not rocket science.

Enviro400's are the worst for jolting forward when setting off and when im moving to get on or off the bus I sometimes struggle and I'm fully able so imagine an older less able person or someone on crutches - it's an accident waiting to happen.
I have (as a driver) previously shamed people into giving up their seat to help the elderly or less abled, at one point I had to make kids get up to let a pregnant woman sit down. ..
(12/08/2013 09:20)jimbo Wrote:  I have (as a driver) previously shamed people into giving up their seat to help the elderly or less abled, at one point I had to make kids get up to let a pregnant woman sit down. ..

There are some great drivers who go beyond the call which is great, but I see it so many times, a driver will sit and watch an elderly or disabled person struggle onto the bus without lowering the floor and then as soon as the pass is scanned their setting off before the poor person has sat down.

Another issue is prams. Some drivers do the correct thing and only let 2/3 prams on but I've recently been on a busy stagecoach bus where there were 4 prams on, it was a struggle for all the rest of us passengers getting on and off and I'm pretty sure it was a safety breach as well!
22235 has just broken down in Ashton bus Station. It was on the 7 but after receiving some attention a fitter has driven it back to AZ.
Is it normal for broken buses to be driven to the nearest depot rather than the depot the bus is allocated too.
(12/08/2013 11:49)Mayneway Wrote:  22235 has just broken down in Ashton bus Station. It was on the 7 but after receiving some attention a fitter has driven it back to AZ.
Is it normal for broken buses to be driven to the nearest depot rather than the depot the bus is allocated too.

i saw it as well the Transit van 95171 is from AZ and think they would do that as it is nearbys
Confirmation of Stagecoach's changes for 2 September on TfGM website:

*15 - Peak-time journeys re-timed
*32 - Later weekday afternoon journeys introduced
*50 - Times changed with additional late evening journeys to/from Salford Quays
*74/76 - Minor timetable changes
*77 - Minor timetable changes with service departing from stand D at Piccadilly Gardens (along with 74/76/78, 216 and 231)
*80 - Route and times changed with service re-routed via White Moss and Charlestown instead of Middleton Junction and direct via Moston Lane instead of Lightbowne Road.
*85/86 - Times changed
*101 - Peak-time journeys re-timed along with 1825 Saturday journey from Manchester
*104/105 - Times changed
*109 - Times changed
*112 - Times changed with additional journeys introduced, while late evening journeys taken over by JPT
*142 - Times changed with extra nightbus journeys on Sunday nights/Monday mornings
*145 - Morning extension from Cheadle Hulme restored for university terms
*151 - Times changed
*168 - Minor peak-time timetable changes
*169 - 0722 weekday journey from Droylsden to Southern Cemetery will start from Ashton
*171 - Early morning/evening journeys extended to/from Newton Heath. 1757 weekday journey from Newton Heath re-timed to run at 1807
*173 - Peak-time journeys re-timed
*192 - Extra nightbus journeys from Manchester at 0020 and 0035 on Monday-Wednesday nights
*197 - 0615 weekday morning journey from Stockport slightly re-timed
*201/203/204 - Times changed
*205 - Some early evening journeys re-timed
*206 - The 0624 weekday morning journey from Ardwick to Gee Cross is slightly re-timed
*216 - Times changed
*219 - Peak-time journeys re-timed
*221 - Times changed
*231 - Minor timetable changes
*250 - Some peak-time journeys re-timed
*255 - 0826, 0851, 0916 and 0941 weekdays journeys from Partington re-timed to run 5 mins later
*256 - Times changed with evening journeys taken over by Stagecoach from JPT with some of the journeys withdrawn.
*358 - The 0829 journey from Hayfield is re-timed
*374 - Times changed with some peak-time journeys withdrawn
*378 - The 1730 weekday journey from Wilmslow and 1745 journey from Grove Lane are re-timed
*598 - Times changed
*600 - Times changed
*X5 - Times changed with buses departing from stand K at Stockport bus station
*X34 - Times changed with extra weekday afternoon journeys introduced
*X41 - Some peak-time journeys re-timed
*X50 - Extra stop introduced at Chester Road/Hulme Hall Road
*X57 - Sunday evening journeys introduced, replacing Finglands service 157
*X58 - Afternoon journeys re-timed to run 5 mins later.

http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Pages/service_changes.aspx
(12/08/2013 11:49)Mayneway Wrote:  22235 has just broken down in Ashton bus Station. It was on the 7 but after receiving some attention a fitter has driven it back to AZ.

17175 looked like it had broken down by the Pointing Dog in Cheadle Hulme at about quarter to five this afternoon.
hi all,

I must say apologise for my English sentence is not very good...

I like to ask you a question about Stagecoach in Wigan and will stagecoach wigan get advertise or I don't know the word like Queen gold Jubilee on any stg Wigan bus this year or when.

2nd Q : Will Stagecoach in Wigan all over advertise for Wigan rider print on the Buses magazine or next month or few?

If you don't understand my English sentence ('m full English/British) then I can't help you to make a good sentence in English, thank you.

Thank guys.

Martyn
What advertisements are worn by buses is down to the advertising agency, or in the case of all over wraps, Stagecoach (in conjunction with the agency). Who knows what ads will be used? Probably not even the ad agency.

I don't see why Stagecoach would advertise in Buses magazine, rather defeats the point of advertising a local ticket....

User(s) browsing this thread: 33 Guest(s)