Current time: 16/05/2024, 12:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(04/05/2013 21:44)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  Had a run pass the depot at Bryn earlier, having not been for a couple of months.
Sadly once again, it was looking more like a scrapyard then a bus depot, with a large number of dilapidated first livered buses littering the yard. The sooner Stagecoach can dispose of these the better. God only knows what the passengers must think.

Slow but sure progress LOL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/05/2013 01:25)SLTRegular Wrote:  arent only the none standard Stagecoach Deckers DDA eg the 03 plates etc?

Everything over 7500KG registered after January 1st 2001 is automatically DDA compliant (Coaches excepted unless specifically constructed to be DDA), Older (low floor)vehicles can be modified and certified.
Vehicles under 7500KG - principally Optare Solos and most older Darts are automatically DDA if registered after 01/01/2005 but in practice are DDA compliant if constructed from late 2000 onwards.
I assume most ex London Tridents which have had centre exits removed, wheelchair ramps moved to the front etc, have been upgraded and certified as DDA even the pre 2001 examples.
Can anyone confirm re Manchester examples?
Ensign market second hand Tridents as either upgraded & certified to full DDA standard, or upseated and fitted with seat belts for use as dedicated schoolbuses.
Yes they've had the centre doors removed, but wheelchair ramps are not up to standard on the older examples so they are not DDA compliant. Same applies to 66 out of 70 Magic Buses.
I would think its more likely to be aisle width or wheelchair bay size on the older examples - ex-London vehicles had to have brand new ramps put on the front as previously they had an electric ramp on the second door.

Of course, it could just be the case that Stagecoach aren't prepared to pay for DDA certification of DIPTAC compliant vehicles...
(05/05/2013 18:34)mbonwick Wrote:  I would think its more likely to be aisle width or wheelchair bay size on the older examples - ex-London vehicles had to have brand new ramps put on the front as previously they had an electric ramp on the second door.

Of course, it could just be the case that Stagecoach aren't prepared to pay for DDA certification of DIPTAC compliant vehicles...

Given that they have until December 2016 to replace the Magic-Bus fleet, nearly all of which are T/V/W reg and will all be over 15 years old by then, they could cascade ex London Tridents (10.5m variety, 03 reg onwards), acquired cheaply from the leasing companies, this would keep the Magic Bus fleet as a low asset value fleet.
It will be a fair while before the 10.5m Tridents are available to come out of London. There are somethng like 100 9.9m examples to move first (51-52 plates).

However, with a little bit of imaginative seating it is possible to make a 9.9m go from H43/19 or 21D to H45/27F which is the same as a 10.5m.
Some Enviro 400Hs were spreading their wings today. As well as one on route 203, quite common on Sundays, I saw Stockport examples on routes 22, 23a, 314 and 384. Conversely, a 192 was an 08-reg non-Hybrid Enviro400! Some E400Hs have strayed from route 42 on Sundays quite often too.
(06/05/2013 18:50)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Some Enviro 400Hs were spreading their wings today. As well as one on route 203, quite common on Sundays, I saw Stockport examples on routes 22, 23a, 314 and 384. Conversely, a 192 was an 08-reg non-Hybrid Enviro400! Some E400Hs have strayed from route 42 on Sundays quite often too.

Hybrids do tend to wander during evenings and Sundays. I spotted hybrids on the 23 and 250 parked up at the Trafford Centre one evening a couple of weeks ago.
One Envrio 400H spread its wings even further yesterday and was on 22s as I saw it parked up in Bolton Bus Station at 17:45 ready to do the 18:25 departure to Stockport, also HE Enviro 400Hs seen were out on 15, 250 & 256 and yes seeing at least one or more on 203s is normal for a Sunday/Public Holiday timetable
13807 R434ULE is still in service with Stagecoach, and also before I saw an ALX400 doing 540s in Bolton. Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)