Current time: 16/05/2024, 16:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(06/11/2012 20:50)ace Wrote:  I was stood outside the All Saints Campus on Oxford Road tonight, where all the Piccadilly bound buses stop, and also the 50. For the last few weeks, every time I have been there, there has been a woman stood at the bus stop with a load of bags sat on the bench in the shelter. Every time a bus stops there she runs up to the bus and starts preaching some sort of message, presumably aimed at everyone on the bus. I haven't been able to work out the message yet, but she must be driving the drivers crazy. Has anyone else seen her?

Saw her one day last week (may have been Wednesday). Caught a 142 there to Piccadilly and she came up along side the bus and then started ranting at the driver. Also couldn't really work out what she was saying. I'm sure she mentioned something about some place in Withington or Didsbury. Driver just gave in after about 10-15 seconds and closed the doors and drove away.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Seen a Stockport MAN 22228 (I think) doing a 216. Are Stockport doing few workings on that route again?
(06/11/2012 22:42)Benzo Wrote:  Seen a Stockport MAN 22228 (I think) doing a 216. Are Stockport doing few workings on that route again?

Stockport have two buses on the 216 Monday - Saturday until the Metrolink work is completed. Its normally two MAN's that are used but the odd Enviro 400 has been used from ST on a Saturday.
(06/11/2012 14:06)StageStig Wrote:  So bus drivers are not allowed a Xmas holiday too?Hammer

Of course they are, and im not complaining about Christmas Day, but its surprising how many people in retail have to work on Boxing day and New Years day, and unless you work in a larger town centre or at the a Trafford centre or at the airport we have to rely on a taxi or a lift. Yet i will probably have a valid mega rider that i carnt use.

Im sure the drivers that work on Boxing Day and New Years day are rewarded, and judging by the high flat fares Stagecoach will be charging they will be raking it in.
(06/11/2012 20:16)StageStig Wrote:  Exactly that's why they get a service, where's the confusion here?

Are you saying that Stagecoach Stockport don't provide a service?
Undecided

I totally agree with Mayneway.
Something I forgot to mention in my last post, was how many hospitals that Stagecoach normally serve will they actually be serving on Boxing Day and New years day?

Out of interest, will TFGM have to man bus stations like Ashton on boxing day and new years day as services will be alighting/departing from there?
(06/11/2012 23:12)Mayneway Wrote:  Of course they are, and im not complaining about Christmas Day, but its surprising how many people in retail have to work on Boxing day and New Years day, and unless you work in a larger town centre or at the a Trafford centre or at the airport we have to rely on a taxi or a lift. Yet i will probably have a valid mega rider that i carnt use.

There is no obligation for bus operators to provide any bus service on Boxing Day, so at least Stagecoach are providing some sort of service, given many operators across the country.

Boxing Day is worked on a voluntary basis, but obviously staff can be called upon to work if there are not enough volunteers come forward. Another thing is that services are operated where is likely to be demand. Don't forget that only major retail centres open on Boxing Day whilst smaller towns don't reopen until the 27th.

Quote: Im sure the drivers that work on Boxing Day and New Years day are rewarded, and judging by the high flat fares Stagecoach will be charging they will be raking it in.

Actually Stagecoach charges normal fares. First followed suit with that last year.

The only tickets we cannot sell (as is the case with all operators) on Boxing Day are System Ones. But we can accept valid passes!
A friend on Facebook who works at Hyde Road just said Bluebird has been aquired this morning by Stagecoach Manchester is there any truth in this?
Ive seen an article on facebook and its an official statement by yhe compnay stating they are buying bluebird for an estimated 2 million pound upon approval of the competition committee.
Cheers Mark for this wonder who next JPT lol its good to see Stagecoach Manchester doing so well

User(s) browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)