Current time: 20/04/2024, 05:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
C&NL do still have the ability to issue change receipts, but it's very rarely done because of the time it takes and the hassle involved with the ticket machine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/06/2012 20:04)R971XVM Wrote:  I'd love the idea of issuing a change receipt. Even better still a "no change given" policy would work wonders...
I also think change receipts would be a good step however, I don't think 'no change given' is a good path to go down; it's just inconvenient beyond belief.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(12/06/2012 20:22)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(12/06/2012 20:04)R971XVM Wrote:  I'd love the idea of issuing a change receipt. Even better still a "no change given" policy would work wonders...
I also think change receipts would be a good step however, I don't think 'no change given' is a good path to go down; it's just inconvenient beyond belief.

Yorkshire Rider in Huddersfield and Bradford had Exact fare boxes nearly all the buses had them apart from the double deck Gold Rider coaches and few others
When I was up in Edinburgh last year, I noted that at least First do up there too. I wasn't aware of it and it meant a quick run into a shop for change and I had pound coins too, wasn't like I was trying to pay with a note - right pain! As long as the company has an easily accessible outlet, I can see change receipts working.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Even on Merseyside years ago there was exact fare boxes on the P reg atlanteans that used to run on the 26/27.
(12/06/2012 20:24)mic Wrote:  
(12/06/2012 20:22)CX54 DKD Wrote:  

Yorkshire Rider in Huddersfield and Bradford had Exact fare boxes nearly all the buses had them apart from the double deck Gold Rider coaches and few others

Preston Bus still have exact fare boxes. Although, according to their website, they say that they give out 'credit notes' to exchange for cash at the information office at Preston bus station)

http://www.prestonbus.co.uk/tickets.html
I'm all for exact fare policy's or fare boxes, but unless you're buying a mega rider or day rider, in Manchester anyway, you havent got a cat in hells chance of getting the exact fare unless your a regular passenger most passengers don't have a clue how much the fare is because the fares aren't publicised at all.

There was a few years back a very interesting document somebody gave me the link to which listed every fare table for every Greater Manchester bus service since 2001, including school services. I seem to remember it was released by GMPTE under the freedom of information act. Was a very interesting file but my link for it no longer works.
Wilmslow road is a change black hole, the students are regulars on the magics and know the fares, I suspect they offer £10/20 notes as they know often they may get a free ride, as soon as you start counting 18 pound coins they soon find the correct fair,
There are polite notice stickers on every vehicle requesting correct change and passes to be ready, and even if the passenger looks to have been sat at the stop for a while they will often have to route around a handbag looking for a pass or a note and for good measure usually on the phone
I know a colleague who routinely has a handful of 10 penny coins taped together to give out as change to those who try to pay a £1.10/30/70 fare with a £20 note...

Can't stand passenger who get on / or leg it onto the bus only to spend another four or five minutes digging their pass out. Had one person get on my bus who said "Just carry on, I'll get my pass out when I'm down." So I replied "That's okay, I've got a few minutes yet" Cue the whole theatrical emtying-contents-of-very-large-handbag accompanied by huffing and puffing before showing me an out-of-date pass. "Sorry love, out of date." "Is it? What day is it today?" etc etc... before conceding defeat and buying a single fare.

Why waste everyone's time?!?!?!?

I just wish we worked more like they do in HK - contactless card payment and a fare box.
There is no excuse for people not to have the correct fare, as a regular bus user I always have the correct fare for my weekly ticket or at the very least onl require 50p change. Additional, if you are waiting for the bus for a couple of minutes there is no reason not to have your ticket or money out ready.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)