Current time: 16/05/2024, 07:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Noticed on the Traveline Journey Planner website that the new 76 weekday timetable for its 2 September change, although no timetable for the 50 on the website yet, so have to wait a little longer.

Stagecoach have been a little clever with the timetable at the Oldham end, as the service runs in between the 180/184s (03, 13..etc for the 76 and 08, 18...etc for the 180/4), while from Garden Suburb (where the two set of services run along the same route), the 76 is timed to run two minutes in front of the 180/184. Obviously hoping to try and catch some of First's customers (although knowing what First are like, the 180/4 will be late and end up about 2 mins in front of the 76).

In regards to the later service to/from Oldham, the last 76 to Oldham will be at 7.45pm (currently 7.20pm) with some extra journeys beforehand, while from Oldham, there's a bus every 20 mins from 6.20pm to 8.01pm then the last bus from Oldham leaves at 8.41pm (currently at 7.30pm).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/08/2012 20:45)SF07 Wrote:  Noticed on the Traveline Journey Planner website that the new 76 weekday timetable for its 2 September change, although no timetable for the 50 on the website yet, so have to wait a little longer.

Stagecoach have been a little clever with the timetable at the Oldham end, as the service runs in between the 180/184s (03, 13..etc for the 76 and 08, 18...etc for the 180/4), while from Garden Suburb (where the two set of services run along the same route), the 76 is timed to run two minutes in front of the 180/184. Obviously hoping to try and catch some of First's customers (although knowing what First are like, the 180/4 will be late and end up about 2 mins in front of the 76).

In regards to the later service to/from Oldham, the last 76 to Oldham will be at 7.45pm (currently 7.20pm) with some extra journeys beforehand, while from Oldham, there's a bus every 20 mins from 6.20pm to 8.01pm then the last bus from Oldham leaves at 8.41pm (currently at 7.30pm).

Personally I think if it takes off well enough, we might see the end of the 78 tender and the 76 become an evening service also.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
There already is a 76 evening service, it just doesn't do the full route! Wink The only downside the the new timetable is that the 10 minute service doesn't extend into the peaks in order to make allowances for the 74, which will start earlier in the afternoon. Personally, I don't see much point in the 74 as surely there isn't that much traffic to/from Woodhouses, I feel it would make more sense to run an enhanced service through to Oldham to take more peak traffic off First.
(10/08/2012 08:05)Nicholas Wrote:  There already is a 76 evening service, it just doesn't do the full route! Wink The only downside the the new timetable is that the 10 minute service doesn't extend into the peaks in order to make allowances for the 74, which will start earlier in the afternoon. Personally, I don't see much point in the 74 as surely there isn't that much traffic to/from Woodhouses, I feel it would make more sense to run an enhanced service through to Oldham to take more peak traffic off First.

when do the games buses start coming home also do you have 19445 in Manchester it is on my fleet list as expected
(10/08/2012 08:05)Nicholas Wrote:  There already is a 76 evening service, it just doesn't do the full route! Wink The only downside the the new timetable is that the 10 minute service doesn't extend into the peaks in order to make allowances for the 74, which will start earlier in the afternoon. Personally, I don't see much point in the 74 as surely there isn't that much traffic to/from Woodhouses, I feel it would make more sense to run an enhanced service through to Oldham to take more peak traffic off First.

I agree with the 74, most of the people on the 74 will travel between Manchester and Failsworth only and when the 74 used to run to Hollinwood in the afternoon, most people that was still on the 74 wanted to get off along Westminster Road rather than Woodhouses. However, looking on Traveline, Stagecoach will be starting the 74 earlier at 2.55pm (currently 4.25pm) and then every 30 mins until 5.25pm, which means finishing earlier (morning journeys the same except the last two journeys run 5 mins earlier).

Personally, I too would rather see Stagecoach run a frequent 76 service to/from Oldham rather than terminating/starting at Hollinwood or Woodhouses. 76 might be about 15 mins longer than the 180/184 (or the 83) but that might not be a big deal if you want to pay cheaper fares (£6 less for a weekly and £14 for a monthly).

(09/08/2012 21:35)P528LND Wrote:  Personally I think if it takes off well enough, we might see the end of the 78 tender and the 76 become an evening service also.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 78 did get withdrawn in the future and the 76 (or perhaps an extended 74 if TfGM wants Woodhouses, Hollinwood and Coppice still to be served) runs a full evening/Sunday service to/from Oldham.
(10/08/2012 14:58)mic Wrote:  when do the games buses start coming home also do you have 19445 in Manchester it is on my fleet list as expected

Next week. The Newcastle Enviros have been withdrawn for returning home, whilst the last remaining Olympians are due to be withdrawn from service.
Out of interest how long have the ex London Tridents got in service before their temporarily withdrawn and repainted in Magicbus livery, its been nice riding on these on 168/9 and various other Hyde Road services

Also is any of Stagecoach Manchester's fleet going to be helping out with Paralympics?
(11/08/2012 06:33)M60lad Wrote:  Out of interest how long have the ex London Tridents got in service before their temporarily withdrawn and repainted in Magicbus livery, its been nice riding on these on 168/9 and various other Hyde Road services

Also is any of Stagecoach Manchester's fleet going to be helping out with Paralympics?

The tridents are anything but enjoyable. As a regular user of the 168/9 I've dreaded them. There very sluggish, there's little seating capacity downstairs so people are forced to sit upstairs and I find as a taller person, when getting up and walking to the front there is very little support in the way of hand rails, yes there is a hand rail from the stairs along to the drivers cab, but it's very very low.

I for one will be pleased to see them go and the Enviros return.

Having said that, one of the original Tridents was on the 168/9 on friday (the ones with dot matrix displays) and that was a lot better, plus it had the more comfortable bench seating.

The only Manchester buses I've heard of which are staying for the Paralympics are the 10?? AZ Enviro200's.
Yes - with the paralympics there is a much greater focus on single deck and midi vehicles, due to the number of wheelchairs and lower number of spectators.
will 41166 be used at all

User(s) browsing this thread: 27 Guest(s)