Current time: 16/05/2024, 12:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(10/02/2018 21:44)Brickmill Wrote:  Its more about what is leaving the fleet and what is moving around. Also, I have to say that people are still being very presumptive about Bus Reform. The process is that the Mayor will be advised by various bodies who are doing detailed work on the current state of the industry, and noting the accelerated decline in bus usage. The Mayor will then select a "preferred option" which will go to a public consultation later this year. Whatever decision is made, there will be nothing obvious "on the ground" until at least Autumn 2019.

Returning to the current fleet, I've just dug up some notes which suggest up to 19 buses have "gone" since the last FleetCards were publicised; Trident 18148 plus 18 assorted single-deckers are unaccounted for having seemingly left Wigan (or Stockport in the case of Primo 49893)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/02/2018 06:29)Nicholas Wrote:  There's a combination of factors at play here.

Some contracts have been withdrawn entirely (e.g. 294 and 77), whilst others have been altered (e.g. 179, which has been split and partly merged into a revised 44).

The rest will simply be on price.

It's a difficult time for operators when you have a company (MCT) willing to operate tenders for peanuts. Sadly as a result the quality of the services fall drastically which in tern forces passengers to look for alternate modes of transport.

According to a Stagecoach driver I know pretty well Stagecoach have lost one of their big evening and Sunday tenders from Easter to MCT and they are not happy about it. I won't say too much but this particular service crosses the boundary into Derbyshire ????????
Can anyone shed anymore light on this?

Registartion Accepted:
PC0003681/583 GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
From: Piccadilly Rail Station To: West Didsbury Via: Name or No.: 147 / 147 Service type: Normal Stopping Effective date: 02 September 2018 Other details: Monday to Friday service introduced.
(12/02/2018 21:15)Brickmill Wrote:  Returning to the current fleet, I've just dug up some notes which suggest up to 19 buses have "gone" since the last FleetCards were publicised; Trident 18148 plus 18 assorted single-deckers are unaccounted for having seemingly left Wigan (or Stockport in the case of Primo 49893)

18148 is parked in the back corner at Wigan along with a President and 17612
(13/02/2018 10:36)Mayneway Wrote:  It's a difficult time for operators when you have a company (MCT) willing to operate tenders for peanuts. Sadly as a result the quality of the services fall drastically which in tern forces passengers to look for alternate modes of transport.

According to a Stagecoach driver I know pretty well Stagecoach have lost one of their big evening and Sunday tenders from Easter to MCT and they are not happy about it. I won't say too much but this particular service crosses the boundary into Derbyshire ????????

MCT have registered some services today, which were 39 (Ashton), 232, 332, 368, 387 and 389, which are mainly Monday-Saturday evenings. 387 is Monday-Saturday daytime and 232 is daily evenings. Interesting to see if there are more to come.
(14/02/2018 21:44)Scania1996 Wrote:  18148 is parked in the back corner at Wigan along with a President and 17612

That's the problem when we can only go on individual sightings, with no intel from within the company (official or otherwise) or from our secretive friends in the environs of Barnsley (!). I suspect on the last reported visit, 18148 might have been out of sight (on pits or similar), but I can't see the other 18 buses all similarly out of sight temporarily.........
(14/02/2018 21:23)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Can anyone shed anymore light on this?

Registartion Accepted:
PC0003681/583 GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
From: Piccadilly Rail Station To: West Didsbury Via: Name or No.: 147 / 147 Service type: Normal Stopping Effective date: 02 September 2018 Other details: Monday to Friday service introduced.

Is this the one bullocks operate and just extended it or a totally new service?
(14/02/2018 21:45)SF07 Wrote:  MCT have registered some services today, which were 39 (Ashton), 232, 332, 368, 387 and 389, which are mainly Monday-Saturday evenings. 387 is Monday-Saturday daytime and 232 is daily evenings. Interesting to see if there are more to come.

237 evening/Sunday are what a Stagecoach driver mentioned to me they have supposedly lost to MCT.

Hardly surprising regarding the other services you mention though as these are/were First Pioneer (Dukinfield) services. When it was first announced that First were closing the depot down a lot of people said they weren't really interested in Tameside anymore and this kind of proves it.
(14/02/2018 22:46)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Is this the one bullocks operate and just extended it or a totally new service?

I don't think anyone knows yet. One possibly is that the funding for it has been pulled so Stagecoach are operating it commercially.
(14/02/2018 23:27)Mayneway Wrote:  I don't think anyone knows yet. One possibly is that the funding for it has been pulled so Stagecoach are operating it commercially.

If that is the case I would assume that contributions from Central Hospitals Trust has ended (due to government cuts) and the service will be partially private funded by the other parties currently involved in the 147 (UoM, MMU and RCNM). But that's just my personal assumption.

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)