Current time: 16/05/2024, 03:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Why are there so many cars parked inside Daw Bank depot and outside in the bus compound and even a few over by Stand C? There won't be enough room for buses soon or is that the reason for having less of them?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/05/2017 08:34)gilbert Wrote:  Why are there so many cars parked inside Daw Bank depot and outside in the bus compound and even a few over by Stand C? There won't be enough room for buses soon or is that the reason for having less of them?

Just before I left Daw Bank they closed the former canteen car park next to the bus station, so they allowed drivers to park on several of the bays within the depot, until 7pm. The cars in the compound are from Stagecoach Services, the office block adjacent to the depot, they should be gone by 5.30pm. I'm pretty sure the one's on stand C are PTE staff. Put simply, they aren't enough parking spaces for the amount of staff working there. Sharston on was the same, I had to get to work about 30 minutes early to make sure I got a space.
(12/05/2017 13:38)James Frisby Wrote:  Just before I left Daw Bank they closed the former canteen car park next to the bus station, so they allowed drivers to park on several of the bays within the depot, until 7pm. The cars in the compound are from Stagecoach Services, the office block adjacent to the depot, they should be gone by 5.30pm. I'm pretty sure the one's on stand C are PTE staff. Put simply, they aren't enough parking spaces for the amount of staff working there. Sharston on was the same, I had to get to work about 30 minutes early to make sure I got a space.

It looked much more than ''several of the bays'' when I saw them.
(10/05/2017 19:14)Dentonian Wrote:  They were all expected to move to Wigan, but I think 19100/11/5/6 are still at Middleton

19100 and 19115 still on use at Middleton this weekend.
26030 and 26031, the two ex-Bluebird VDL SB120s disposed of to Ensign in March are now back in the Northwest. There is a picture of them looking very smart in their new livery on the Link Network Bus Company of St Helens Facebook site.
Seems Stagecoach are bolstering services in the awake of the terrible incident in Manchester last night, apparently all of their reserve fleet is out in service today primarly helping out in places where rail and tram services can't operate.
(23/05/2017 08:58)M60lad Wrote:  Seems Stagecoach are bolstering services in the awake of the terrible incident in Manchester last night, apparently all of their reserve fleet is out in service today primarly helping out in places where rail and tram services can't operate.

They are accepting Northern Rail tickets between Stalybridge, Ashton Under Lyne and Manchester on the 216, 231, 236 and 237.
Metrolink tickets accepted on the 216 too. Not sure which company operate the 97, 98 and 135 services but tickets are being accepted on those between Queens Road and Manchester, alike with the 82, 83, 181 and 182 between Central Park and Manchester.
(23/05/2017 08:58)M60lad Wrote:  Seems Stagecoach are bolstering services in the awake of the terrible incident in Manchester last night, apparently all of their reserve fleet is out in service today primarly helping out in places where rail and tram services can't operate.

And so they should until the rail and tram services CAN operate again. But well done to them anyway.
(23/05/2017 09:54)busesdotorg1920x Wrote:  They are accepting Northern Rail tickets between Stalybridge, Ashton Under Lyne and Manchester on the 216, 231, 236 and 237.
Metrolink tickets accepted on the 216 too. Not sure which company operate the 97, 98 and 135 services but tickets are being accepted on those between Queens Road and Manchester, alike with the 82, 83, 181 and 182 between Central Park and Manchester.

These other services are operated by First.
(08/05/2017 19:40)Dentonian Wrote:  Generally speaking, I would say its to do with service cuts - another 6+ buses taken off PVR a fortnight ago - but it is notable that at least 22399 was still in service at ST on Saturday, and not all replacement Enviro200s (from MN) are there yet. Also, the five Enviro300s that only came to Wigan from Scotland last Autumn are due to go in reserve. Again, though (at least) 22521 was still in service on Friday. Hopefully 26141-5 are imminent. That might balance withdrawals and PVR reductions more clearly.

22399 has been on the 313 the last couple of days-had a short ride on it today.Sounded okay but went along rather slowly and sedately despite the fact it was running ten minutes late.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)