Current time: 05/05/2024, 05:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
40660 was in 'active' service this morning on the Glossop 390. It was replaced just before 12pm by 47472 which I'm guessing had come direct from another depot as the drivers had only just changed over when it turned up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/06/2012 12:12)Mayneway Wrote:  40660 was in 'active' service this morning on the Glossop 390. It was replaced just before 12pm by 47472 which I'm guessing had come direct from another depot as the drivers had only just changed over when it turned up.

47472 is a Stockport bus
(19/06/2012 21:07)ace Wrote:  
(19/06/2012 18:07)mic Wrote:  16764/65 reported in Buses sold to Ensign Purfleet can any one confirm if they have gone

I saw them last week together running on 'zero' numbers down Hyde Road, Gorton. Not sure if they were on their way to or from service, or just being tested, but they are definitely still around.

might have been taken to Charles st which stores a lot of out of use buses
(20/06/2012 19:05)mic Wrote:  
(20/06/2012 12:12)Mayneway Wrote:  40660 was in 'active' service this morning on the Glossop 390. It was replaced just before 12pm by 47472 which I'm guessing had come direct from another depot as the drivers had only just changed over when it turned up.

47472 is a Stockport bus

Yep im guessing it came directly from Stockport over to Glossop as it was driven by a fitter.
Looks like 47472 was provided as the 'broken down bus replacement service'. :-)
(20/06/2012 20:18)mic Wrote:  
(19/06/2012 21:07)ace Wrote:  
(19/06/2012 18:07)mic Wrote:  16764/65 reported in Buses sold to Ensign Purfleet can any one confirm if they have gone

I saw them last week together running on 'zero' numbers down Hyde Road, Gorton. Not sure if they were on their way to or from service, or just being tested, but they are definitely still around.

might have been taken to Charles st which stores a lot of out of use buses

That sounds most likely. Probably getting them ready for use during the Olympics.
Stand N at Piccadilly Gardens was closed today and will be until Thursday, affecting services 101, 104, 105 and 109.
Due to vandalism presumably?
Actually its closed due to highway maintenance works according to the notice I saw last week when I was in Piccadilly Gardens
The Tarmac keeps bulging up from wheel locks

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)