Current time: 26/04/2024, 16:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(02/09/2020 14:32)ant17612 Wrote:  64 Plate Enviro200s at Stockport are back on the road this week. 19221, 19222, 19225, 19226 and 19227 have gone on loan to Sheffield to cover Supertram Replacements.

Indeed, I saw the first Enviro 200 on route 25 for a few months earlier this week. The only exception was an Enviro 200 - MMC on a Sunday working around July, surprising as it was usually double-deck on Sundays all along.

As an aside, I saw 2 Enviro 300s on the route 7 group yesterday. It didn't occur to me to note their numbers tho, sorry.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just seen an Enviro 200 (64 reg) on route 42a. It had been habitually an Enviro 400 on Sundays since lockdown started.
(05/09/2020 09:36)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Indeed, I saw the first Enviro 200 on route 25 for a few months earlier this week. The only exception was an Enviro 200 - MMC on a Sunday working around July, surprising as it was usually double-deck on Sundays all along.

As an aside, I saw 2 Enviro 300s on the route 7 group yesterday. It didn't occur to me to note their numbers tho, sorry.

Ashton Depot have enviro 300s 27824/25/26/27 i think they are the fleetnumbers. Have been there for months if not a few years?

42A would of been mainly double deck on sundays due to most single deck vehicles at Stockport being off the road over the past few months. I think most buses are now not delicenced due to duplicates on schools across Greater Manchester. I believe a few surplus Megabus coaches will also be helping out on school dupes. Not sure on which routes however.
(06/09/2020 18:04)Manc93 Wrote:  Ashton Depot have enviro 300s 27824/25/26/27 i think they are the fleetnumbers. Have been there for months if not a few years?

42A would of been mainly double deck on sundays due to most single deck vehicles at Stockport being off the road over the past few months. I think most buses are now not delicenced due to duplicates on schools across Greater Manchester. I believe a few surplus Megabus coaches will also be helping out on school dupes. Not sure on which routes however.
Looking on the TFGM site, ALL Stagecoach routes which have a 'S' additional journey, will be ran by 'Parks of Hamilton/Megabus on behalf of Stagecoach'.

https://tfgm.com/public-transport/school...s-services
I only got to the S2 and that says Bullocks!
(07/09/2020 09:39)mikestone Wrote:  I only got to the S2 and that says Bullocks!
I think that changed as I'm sure all the Wigan trips were under Megabus. Now I can see the Wigan trips have different operators. And the 171/2 are Goodwin's.

Ok, let's change the port then.

Most Stagecoach routes with an 'S' prefix are ran by Megabus/Parks of Hamilton on behalf of Stagecoach.
(06/09/2020 20:48)iMarkeh Wrote:  Looking on the TFGM site, ALL Stagecoach routes which have a 'S' additional journey, will be ran by 'Parks of Hamilton/Megabus on behalf of Stagecoach'.

https://tfgm.com/public-transport/school...s-services
They be using NX Drivers from Rochdale then and maybe have coaches there.
Latest news is that from reading on Social Media recently is that the Magicbuses that went upto South Yorkshire to help out on Tram Replacement in Sheffield are going to be on their way back shortly if not already due to capacity on services since Schools went back.

Also despite being registered as such some of these extra duplicate service buses are running without the S on their destinations from photos I've been seeing recently on Social Media, the only way of distinguishing between them and normal service buses is that the School Duplicates have got notices in windscreens saying for School/College pupils Only.

Also the Megabuses obviously havent had the Schools programmed into their destinations so are just running round with Contract or similar on their destinations and paper in the windscreen showing what School Duplicates that they are operating.

And from what I've heard Parks are only operating the School Extras until their National Express and contract work picks up again.
Several Elite-i's and ex SGBC Scania Levante's are now being used on "S" work based out of Hazel Grove P&R.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(09/09/2020 06:42)M60lad Wrote:  Latest news is that from reading on Social Media recently is that the Magicbuses that went upto South Yorkshire to help out on Tram Replacement in Sheffield are going to be on their way back shortly if not already due to capacity on services since Schools went back.

Also despite being registered as such some of these extra duplicate service buses are running without the S on their destinations from photos I've been seeing recently on Social Media, the only way of distinguishing between them and normal service buses is that the School Duplicates have got notices in windscreens saying for School/College pupils Only.

Also the Megabuses obviously havent had the Schools programmed into their destinations so are just running round with Contract or similar on their destinations and paper in the windscreen showing what School Duplicates that they are operating.

And from what I've heard Parks are only operating the School Extras until their National Express and contract work picks up again.

Observed three of the 'extra' 11s, which were standard Enviro200s, showing normal '11 Stockport' displays , with crumped 'School Children only' its of paper in the windscreen

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)