Current time: 26/04/2024, 13:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(16/08/2020 13:39)dounowhoiam Wrote:  You are not the only one who finds the timetables difficult to read. TfGM haven't been publishing new timetables for most services (and the ones they did publish on the "Planned service changes" page disappeared). They have likewise withdrawn the TfGM app meaning that they provide it only on their website.

Although not the most ideal, it might be better to look at the bustimes.org website and then use the Stagecoach website (bus tracking) before heading for your bus.

Just seen the 378A [11531]due at either 2054? or 2100? supposedly from the Pointing Dog. All of the bus stops in Grove Lane [going both ways]have it down as going past,also the Pointing Dog layby but NOT the first stop in Gill Bent Rd which shows just 313 and 42B .No timetables on any of them.Guess which way the 378A went? Sailed by at 2054 without stopping.Down Gillbent Rd without stopping.How on earth are the public supposed to have a clue what goes where ,when and which way?

The 378 and 379 on the Grove Lane stops are also both showing the wrong way. It's about a month now and still the farce continues.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/08/2020 20:20)gilbert Wrote:  Just seen the 378A [11531]due at either 2054? or 2100? supposedly from the Pointing Dog. All of the bus stops in Grove Lane [going both ways]have it down as going past,also the Pointing Dog layby but NOT the first stop in Gill Bent Rd which shows just 313 and 42B .No timetables on any of them.Guess which way the 378A went? Sailed by at 2054 without stopping.Down Gillbent Rd without stopping.How on earth are the public supposed to have a clue what goes where ,when and which way?

The 378 and 379 on the Grove Lane stops are also both showing the wrong way. It's about a month now and still the farce continues.

I've noticed that TfGM have uploaded a timetable for the new changes on Sunday.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  378-378A-379.pdf (Size: 184.88 KB / Downloads: 6)

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/08/2020 12:23)dounowhoiam Wrote:  I've noticed that TfGM have uploaded a timetable for the new changes on Sunday.

It's no good unless the updated timetables are on the actual bus stops[the right ones-the ones showing the right numbers which they all aren't] The map also shows that the 378A shouldn't be going down Gillbent Rd and Ack Lane West/East. Somebody better tell the drivers.

Not everyone [particularly older people] has computer access.The damage with the public has been [probably irreparably] done as nobody has a clue what goes when ,where and which way.

Those living on or near Moss Lane/Acre Lane and Grove Lane have been royally shafted[made worse by the 42B/C cuts implemented at the same time]

Some genius[not the one who thought this farce up] needs to sort it out soon.
What do people think is more user friendly? Having the 378A or renumber it so that it is just 378 to Grove Lane and then 379 back? I don't know about everyone else but I am not a fan of 4 character route numbers. It just adds to the complication and I think in the instance of the 378/379 which is already very complex, taking away 1 of the complexities might help passengers plan journeys easier.
''User friendly'' needs to be aimed at the customers/passengers and,at the moment.it is everything but. And shows not the remotest sign of improving
(28/08/2020 18:37)gilbert Wrote:  ''User friendly'' needs to be aimed at the customers/passengers and,at the moment.it is everything but. And shows not the remotest sign of improving
Don't worry, franchising will solve all the problems Wink
Just seen the 1954/2000[19633] 378A whatever time it's supposed to be,do exactly the same as 11531 last night.
(28/08/2020 18:38)iMarkeh Wrote:  Don't worry, franchising will solve all the problems Wink

You may well be correct should franchising ever be introduced in the Manchester and Merseyside areas. I don't know about you, but I think that bus services were much better and accessible (with regards to frequency and cost) to passengers/customers prior to deregulation. It will be interesting to see how things work out in Cornwall in the next year or so though the pandemic may well skew results.
I do think that Franchising should improve accessibility as TfGM and the like will be able able to get more data on passenger use on the tender services and much more advance notice with service times and routes so that the bus stops can be updated more effectively and without the number of errors I've seen as of late.

Play City Bus Manager? I've compiled collections from different bus mods helpfully created by the community:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/dounowhoia...id=1364210

Play "Bus Simulator 18" on PC, check out my "Finglands" bus mod:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...2122981042
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Will Bus franchising be the winning formula , im still not convinced that all the bus operators are happy , but in the post covid world they may be forced into now to get any help with routes.

I think the franchising costs could go up if the bus companies all work together to up the value of the routes they presemntly operate or operators go bust and the amount of operators dwindle.

Stagecoach are one of the companies that did take an intense dislike to franchising.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)