Current time: 20/04/2024, 13:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyside's Oldest Bus
RE: Merseyside's Oldest Bus
(20/07/2012 23:33)CX54 DKD Wrote:  S284 NRB has been SORN with the DVLA for an extended period - it has not been on the road recently.

seemed like a couple of months ago, my how time is flying in that case it must be Solo X980XUB which is still running i thnks!

A2B are still running sister vehicle S283NRB on their contracts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Merseysides oldest passenger service bus in regular service is with first, 60139 N415 ENW Wright Access Ultralow.
(20/07/2012 23:14)bolton bus basher Wrote:  1996 bus that one, could be them as arrivas oldest buses are from july 1997

The oldest in Arriva NORTH WEST is from May 1997, P943 MKL
Arriva Wales would be either P533 MBU or P937 MKL
How about Howard's tri-axle olympians, are they the oldest buses to see service on the X?? (forgotten the route number), not a regular service but a service none the less.
X22 i think and well thats a good point i think it might just make it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Can we count Maghull Coaches' Liverpool Sightseeing tour as a regular passenger service? If so, then their 'K' plate Scanias might be a contender. Mind you, if we're going down that road then the DUKWs on the Wacker Quacker would win the prize!
(21/07/2012 08:33)MPTE1955 Wrote:  How about Howard's tri-axle olympians, are they the oldest buses to see service on the X?? (forgotten the route number), not a regular service but a service none the less.

On the X22 mate. The allocation on there ranges from H reg Olympians (Tri-axles) to the newest probably being P531 EFL. They do regularly have the K reg and M reg B10Ms on it though along with J204 HFR, so you could say the X22 has the oldest allocation of buses on Merseyside, with it only running one a week though they aren't really in regular passenger service.
The oldest bus in the ace travel fleet is city sightseeing MCW metrobus open topper T6 NOA451X think its still in stock but havent seen it out for a while. next oldest is palatine 2 olympian 376 M376FTY and the oldest buses used on merseytravel contracts are darts 721/2 V558/61JBH.
(23/07/2012 06:49)MX12CFE Wrote:  The oldest bus in the ace travel fleet is city sightseeing MCW metrobus open topper T6 NOA451X think its still in stock but havent seen it out for a while. next oldest is palatine 2 olympian 376 M376FTY and the oldest buses used on merseytravel contracts are darts 721/2 V558/61JBH.

There is one older in the open toppers with that being former Merseybus 0017 VRG 417T, don't know if that is still knocking around.
(21/07/2012 09:46)K853 MTJ Wrote:  
(21/07/2012 08:33)MPTE1955 Wrote:  How about Howard's tri-axle olympians, are they the oldest buses to see service on the X?? (forgotten the route number), not a regular service but a service none the less.

On the X22 mate. The allocation on there ranges from H reg Olympians (Tri-axles) to the newest probably being P531 EFL. They do regularly have the K reg and M reg B10Ms on it though along with J204 HFR, so you could say the X22 has the oldest allocation of buses on Merseyside, with it only running one a week though they aren't really in regular passenger service.

The bus that sees the X22 Most Is the PS - Bus 44A

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)