Current time: 28/04/2024, 19:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fantasy Bus Network
Fantasy Bus Network
please note this is not a fantasy bus game am just looking at what people have in mind and to also share my current idea regarding arriva north west when it comes to making their network a little stronger so keep exisiting network then

arriva st helens
withdraw all 320 shorts then take the 620 back to bolton and start a 630 same route as 620 to atherton then take it to worsley and get it to stop in eccels, have the 630 routte branded and inform passengers that they can connect for the 10 to manchester from eccels

arriva green lane
quit QBP on the 14 and get it to do same route and where it terminates get it to go onto the 19 route and follow that to liverpool and get a 14A going the opersite way

arriva bolton, re route the 538 so it takes same route as the 225 to blackburn to try and get some passengers back, bring back 556 and make it run sat and sun (bolton-trafford centre)

any ideas post bellow and feel free to question what i have said above (please remember this is not a fantasy bus game just talking about route changes)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Fantasy Bus Network
Bolton 538 should return to its original route, along with the 563 going back up Tonge Moor Road. Maybe reintroduce the X9 direct to Piccadilly and the 478 to Bury.Idea
Find all posts by this user
would be a good move but i been told that the 225 is really eating into boltons profits on blackburn road so i was looking at a way to try and save them, i think the X9 is a perfect move and do an X10 to trafford centre mon-sat

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
There's no opt-out on a QBP, operators are legally bound to it whether they like it or not.
i thought the contract was signed for 5 years after that they dont have to re sign if they dont want to or have i missed something?

It is for a fixed term, yes. But if the local authority want to extend it or introduce a new one, the same rules apply and the operator has no choice.

You cannot get out of a QBP unless you convince the LA that its a bad thing - which is unlikely.
well thats unlucky for people in it really as say the route starts to make a lower profit, that would mean the service would need be less regular or need a total re-route and that would go down bad, 10A route is the common one, thats got worse with each timetable change TBH

The QBP specifies routes and frequencies...you have a problem, take it up with Merseytravel directly. Stagecoach and Arriva are powerless - they are legally obliged to do what they're told via the QBP, otherwise they face losing their O-licenses.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)