Current time: 18/04/2024, 14:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Olympic Airport Security
Olympic Airport Security
Sky are reporting that officials from US Transport Security Administration will arrive in the next few days to oversee security for US flights at LHR during the Olympics.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Olympic airport security
This is probably for outgoing flights as there will be high demand on all security operations at London Heathrow at this time .
Could be a 'culture shock' at Heathrow for some then. Travellers used to the pleases and thankyous of British immigration officers and so on won't find the grunting TSA bods to be as polite...
The American Transportation Security Administration have a more stringent policy for flights to America and all people on the flight manifest have to be vetted by there security agency before the plane even leaves the ground in this country , if the manifest brings anything untoward up after take off they will be advised that american air space is closed to them and that they will have to turn back to the place they took off from . If that was to happen during the Olympic games that could cause chaos at Heathrow so they are choosing to be more rigid in there approach knowing that it will be better in the long run.
RE: Olympic Airport Security
Having had the personal 'pleasure' of US Immigration's treatment of overseas travellers on three occasions at different airports in recent years, I can say that they are the rudest most ignorant and verging on the bigotted group of individuals I have ever had the mis-fortune to meet.

My family will NEVER travel to the USA ever again because of their behavior. Angry
DVL418 i try to avoid American Airports because of there staff seem to think there a law unto themselves .

I feel sorry about September 11 2001 , but since then they have used that incident to make travelling by plane in or around American Airspace horrendous .
I had the misfortune to give my exit card to American Eagle back in 1995 who failed to give it to what was then I think known an INS ie US immigration. I have to go to the US once a year for work. I now have to travel on a visa, and on almost every occasion I'm subjected to a 'discretionary' secondary inspection. I know the Border Agency guys are doing their job and doing it well, but most times it takes me 3 plus hours to get through immigration. The system just doesn't work. A correcting entry the first time I re-entered back in 1995 would have put everything right and saved the immigration folks a lot of work over the years

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)