Current time: 19/05/2024, 19:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North West Vehicle Restoration Trust (NWVRT)
RE: North West Vehicle Restoration Trust (NWVRT)
Unfortunately I missed the running day as I'm away on business, but the photos look good. Fortunately, I had the opportunity to ride some vintage vehicles elsewhere coutesy of City Sightseeing. Real shame about Shanks - only met him once at last year's event but what a pleasure.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Enjoyed myself yesterday, despite an unfortunate incident at Lime Street, which i ended up on a direct train to Wigan by mistake rather than the stopper to HuytonAngry[although the Guard let me stay on at Wigan to go back to Huyton] ended up catching the 09:40, 192 to County Road then walk to the event.

The National 1000 let itself down by stalling down Knowsley Lane, Stockbridge Lane, ironically that happened on 1000's last timetabled journey of the day.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
An excellent day, thanks to all involved, some of the highlights were catching a bus I used to drive on schools, Ribble Tiger B900WRN which looks and sounds absolutely stunning, a nice surprise was to see and catch a bus I hadn't been on in nearly 30 years, National OHF858S which also looked and sounded stunning, although it sadly failed as has been mentioned above, luckily for me a bus which I also wanted to travel on came to the rescue in the shape of Olympian F238YTJ.

All in all a brilliant day and a bonus with the weather, looking forward to the next oneWink

And finally I would like to say how sorry I am to hear about Shanks the dog he was a real character.
Hi All, I'm really surprised to see Scania R874ERE on flickr website, at North West Restoration Trust, so I wondered R874ERE now preserved bus or still owned Stagecoach,, I last see at Stagecoach Depot at Gillmoss, but I'm not sure if confirmed. Hope the Helps.
Guess the stagecoach Titan was just visiting or is this also now preserved
No Stagecoach Titan was at Kirkby for the running day. A trident came up for a few hours for display but thats it.

Highlight for me was Seeing National 1000 out on the road for the first time
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(03/06/2013 21:03)J654UHN Wrote:  No Stagecoach Titan was at Kirkby for the running day. A trident came up for a few hours for display but thats it.

Looked a picture that national, most impressed just didn't get a chance to ride that or anything else as I arrived after 3 and didn't have time.
(03/06/2013 21:03)J654UHN Wrote:  No Stagecoach Titan was at Kirkby for the running day. A trident came up for a few hours for display but thats it.

Was on the first national to prescot, performed very well
just noticed a post on facebook claiming that 2 ex first arrows from stagecoach wigan are here, one to be preserved and one for spares, any idea how true this is if it is true?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
I can say there is 2 but unsure of the plans

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)