Current time: 26/04/2024, 04:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North West Vehicle Restoration Trust (NWVRT)
RE: North West Vehicle Restoration Trust (NWVRT)
(31/05/2014 20:55)SNL 824 Wrote:  Is there a shuttle from Kirkby station?

This from the website:

Connecting services on the day are :-

Service 544 —Liverpool Lime Street—Kirkby CWR

Liverpool Lime St 09.45 10.15 11.15 12.15 13.15 14.15 15.15
Kirkby CWR 10.15 10.45 11.45 12.45 13.45 14.45 15.45

And by also by Route 96

Which leaves Kirkby Station 1015 1045 and every 30 minutes thereafter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thanks SHR
Great day today. Well done to all. Nice to see the event well supported. See my link below for a photo of 0261 at its offical lunch and also 1551 in its glory on a sunny day..

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
Many thanks and well done to all for today's event. In terms of journeys - Halton 33 was probably my favourite of the day when I caught it on a 92 and had chance for a photo stop in Knowsley Village. Also enjoyed 1788 on the last 90 to Prescot. It was also good to see 0261 looking superb - although not a St Helens vehicle, some of her sisters were based here and certainly brought back some memories of the late 80s/early 90s in the area.

In terms of the visiting vehicles - fantastic to see Ribble 806 - I think the first Ribble National Mk 1 I have seen in preservation (not including Ribble's Exhibition Vehicle). Also noticed St Helens AEC Swift 260 now has Merseyside fleetnames in place of corporation coat of arms showing the vehicle in the term when St Helens was absorbed into Merseyside.

All in all a good day and as WAITING FOR THE 437 said - very well attended and supported.
Thanks everyone at NWVRT for a great day. Had my first ride on a Cross-river Palatine since the last weekend in service on New Brighton RRs. I presume though 3299 is no longer preserved as it's lost Arriva livery and has Napier Point legals.
3299 is still owned by the same people it is just used in an operational capacity at Presidential / Napier now along with the other Palatines I assume.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Well done lads for a superb day yesterday 0261 and the Merseymaid look fantastic a real credit to their owners rode up from kirkby station on 0238 had a ride on 2122 to the station and back again rode on the special Atlantean duo trip to prescot and back my atty on which was 1055 and finished the day with a ride to liverpool on N299CKB. All in all an excellent day cant waith for the built in workington day in august.
Glad you Enjoyed it MX12. I was your guard on 0238 and 1055.

0299 is now part of the merged Napier Point/Presidential Travel but is still owned by the same guy who owns 0301/2 0291 and i think 0271
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Really enjoyed the day myself, nice to see so many other enthusiasts and how many were interested in the Abacus Training Dart SLF/Caetano Nimbus RN52 ERV that we brought down.

Thanks to James and everyone at the NWVRT for organising the day, Kenny and Brian from Abacus for going down to the event with us and of course all my friends at HTL who covered my work while I was there all day, thanks Darren, Paul, Ste, Alan and Andy! - We got quite a few signed up to training for Abacus too so a good day in that way too!

Best part for me though was getting to drive the training bus back to Huyton as I hadn't driven that vehicle on the road before then!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
http://www.pmpfilms.com/store/p2185/2864...ories.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)