Current time: 05/05/2024, 11:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ex Arriva NW Palatine II's
RE: Ex Arriva NW Palatine II's
A quick email to Blakewater got me some information... N291 CKB/3291 (Now VIL 8680) is still with Blakewater, and has been refurbished like 3303 has.

I have some photos of 3303 (VIL 8681)s interior too after the refurb, looks different, but nice to see it living on!

Upstairs - http://i45.tinypic.com/5x5rx5.jpg
Downstairs - http://i45.tinypic.com/5yi3au.jpg

Thanks to Blakewater for the info and pics.

Luke.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Not keen on the old Stagecoach Fabric or Marnoon/brown fabric on the side walls these only suite MTL insides
I think it looks very smart indeed, nice to see a bus like this being given a new lease of life, the interior was looking rather tired!
Nothing wrong with that, looks nice and smart.
Better than the old fabric which had greasy stains on the seat tops caused by 15 years of greasy hair! Also better than the scrap man taking it away.

A shame in a way as its the only southport one left in 1 piece, as 305 had a chassis repair at the rear before being sold on so wouldnt touch it with a barge pole, plus its knackered engine.. But still, still a few years out of them yet, shame to let them waste!

Went to the Cotswold Gliding Club today to pick up some seats for N302 CKBs restoration project. Richard was kind enough to let me take some photographs of N279 CKB after its conversion. I've uploaded them here on my flickr page - http://www.flickr.com/photos/29687411@N0...038021384/

Its now their mobile control centre and also a pilot briefing area, as well as a place for spectators to sit and relax.

Once again thanks to the cotswold gliding club for helping us out with spares and letting us take pics!

Luke

Don't know if its been mentioned but two of the Pals are with a Morris Dancing club(s). Guessing still in the local area due to one being at Wigan last week still in Arriva blue but minus the swoop and one heading up the M57 yesterday still in full livery.
(13/08/2012 09:49)ste Wrote:  Don't know if its been mentioned but two of the Pals are with a Morris Dancing club(s). Guessing still in the local area due to one being at Wigan last week still in Arriva blue but minus the swoop and one heading up the M57 yesterday still in full livery.

Are we talking the R-WVR's or the cross river ones. Thanks.
Cross River MPTE. the only R-WVRS i know to be sold on are the ones with Ellie Rose in Hull. The 2 mentioned might 0301 which is owned by Presidential Travel and 0299 which is preserved by the owner of Presidential
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
0276 is a Morris Dancing bus in the Oldham area, I think.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)